Software602 Home . products . download . support . register . how to buy . . view cart . . . contact us . . . .
Software602 Home . . . . . .
. .
Software602 Login
E-mail:
Password:
forgot?
Support Home .
User Forum .
Knowledge Base .
Submit Ticket .
View My Tickets .
. .
602Pro LAN SUITE 2002 User Forumforum home | rss | search | terms of use
BackBack to 602Pro LAN SUITE 2002 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
WebCam w/ Yahoo Messenger
  Posted by  D.gene Bland,sr.  on Thursday, March 06, 2003 at 12:58:57 AM (EST)
LAN Suite 2002 is working well. I have configured Yahoo Messenger for the proxy and messages are sent and received OK. However, I cannot seem to get my WebCam to connect through LAN Suite 2002. Can anyone help?
  Posted by Tom Herls  on Thursday, March 06, 2003 at 4:15:29 PM (EST)
Set web cam to use HTTP proxy or Socks 4, I have had no luck with anything that needs socks5
  Posted by D.gene Bland,sr.  on Thursday, March 06, 2003 at 7:25:39 PM (EST)
I've tried Socks 4 & 5. Neither seems to work. I was wondering if someone might have solved this with mapped links?
  Posted by Tom Herls  on Friday, March 07, 2003 at 9:53:26 AM (EST)
Now try Http proxy, The newer versions of MSN messenger and AIM use this method, maybe yahoo does this now too.
  Posted by D.gene Bland,sr.  on Friday, March 07, 2003 at 10:27:20 AM (EST)
I've tried HTTP. Yahoo Messenger works fine through the proxy. It is only the WebCam and, I just discovered, the Voice features that do not work. Yahoo even admits that WebCam will likely not work through a proxy. I guess I'll just have to keep typing. Thanks anyway.

Gene
  Posted by James Williams  on Friday, March 07, 2003 at 5:06:14 PM (EST)
If you use Socks 4, you will need to input the ip address of the LAN SUITE server under the DNS server addresses of your TCP/IP settings. You will also need to have "process DNS request" checked on the proxy tab of LAN SUITE. Socks for requires client side DNS look up where as Socks 5 requires Server side DNS.
  Posted by Tom Herls  on Saturday, March 08, 2003 at 1:03:32 PM (EST)
I forgot you were talking about the webcam... are you also behind a firewall/router? I believe the webcam part of the service needs other ports open.
  Posted by D.gene Bland,sr.  on Sunday, March 09, 2003 at 6:01:50 PM (EST)
I am behind a S/W firewall (ZoneAlarmPro). In fact the configuration is like this. One machine has access to the Internet through the S/W firewall. It is via NIC A. On this machine (my server), WebCam, Voice and Yahoo messenger works quite well. All my other machines access the Internet through LAN Suite running on the server via NIC B in the server. Since all elements of Yahoo Messenger work from the server, I can conclude that the firewall is allowing the connections. I can access Yahoo Messenger less WebCam and Voice from any other machine on my LAN provided I set the proxy paramenters in Yahoo Messenger. I cannot get the WebCam or Voice features to work from any machine on the LAN. From this, I conclude that the LAN Suite proxy is not passing the data from from the machine on the LAN to NIC A on the server to achieve a connection to the Internet. Now back to my original question. Is there a way to get the LAN Suite proxy to pass the protocols through the proper ports to the Internet. Thanks again. Gene
  Posted by  on Tuesday, March 11, 2003 at 12:14:01 AM (EST)
I have tried this extensivly and have concluded that most voice and video software do not work via proxies or NAT routers. It requires a public Internet IP on the PC itself .this is because of the random port it selects for voice or video communication.
  Posted by Tom Herls  on Friday, March 14, 2003 at 10:22:16 AM (EST)
Gene, your setup is truly complicated! However, I do know that all your services will work fine with LS proxy, but there are a number of stumbling blocks that will break it. First, your IP Filter might not be allowing the other computers to connect, either by setup or by mistake, you might have accidently established a different or incorrect subnet 255.255.255.0 vs. 255.255.255.255 (the first should be right under most setups) or you might have a problem with the bridge between the two NICs. Without seeing your set and OS in detail that is really impossible to debug, but the two nics have to be coordinated in both LS and your operating system. Also, do you have a router or other "box" between your s/w firewall and the net. Older ones require a "firmware upgrade" to work with the newer voice and cam services. One other thing, check on the firewall ability to handle 2 nics... might or might not work well or all.???
BackBack to 602Pro LAN SUITE 2002 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
. . .
  © 2009 Software602, Inc. All rights reserved.