Software602 Home . products . download . support . register . how to buy . . view cart . . . contact us . . . .
Software602 Home . . . . . .
. .
Software602 Login
E-mail:
Password:
forgot?
Support Home .
User Forum .
Knowledge Base .
Submit Ticket .
View My Tickets .
. .
602Pro LAN SUITE 2002 User Forumforum home | rss | search | terms of use
BackBack to 602Pro LAN SUITE 2002 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
Fax receive dont works
  Posted by  Henrik Sozzi  on Wednesday, March 05, 2003 at 10:41:20 AM (EST)
Please someone reply, I've worked a day trying to receive some fax.
I CANNOT RECEIVE FAX!
I've tryied 3 modems (Dynalink 1414VQE, Intel 144/144E and Magik 56000 V90).
I have LanSuite 2002 5 user on Win 2000 Server SP3.
Trying with Microsoft Fax all three modems works perfectly and I've received a perfect TIFF, but Lan Suite seems to get line as a modem, not as a fax (different sound..).
So I forced in the init AT+FCLASS=1 or AT+FCLASS=2 (and setted accordingly in Lan Suite). But it don't works too, I've tryied to write debug in window driver config, and it seems that LAN SUITE DON'T ACTIVATE THE "PASSTHROUGH" in TAPI (and Microsoft Fax do it), so all fax commands are interpreted (and not recognized) by TAPI itself. (maybe it's not the right problem).
I've tryied with all drivers I could, generic and modem specific.
PLEASE, Lan Suite is a fantastic product, if only I could get the FAX to work...!!!

Thanks in advance,
Henrik Sozzi.
  Posted by Henrik Sozzi  on Tuesday, March 11, 2003 at 9:57:37 AM (EST)
SOLVED!
Software602 was effectively innocent, because the problem was that my server had "Microsoft FAX Service" stopped.
So I think can be the problem for most people not receiving fax. Simply set that service startup as "Automatic" and run it!
A little hint for 602... a little message in the program like "We need 'Microsoft FAX Service'" isn't a bad idea... It could save headache and hours of tries... :-)
But, ok, I'm happy now that all's workin!
BackBack to 602Pro LAN SUITE 2002 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
. . .
  © 2009 Software602, Inc. All rights reserved.