Software602 Home . products . download . support . register . how to buy . . view cart . . . contact us . . . .
Software602 Home . . . . . .
. .
Software602 Login
E-mail:
Password:
forgot?
Support Home .
User Forum .
Knowledge Base .
Submit Ticket .
View My Tickets .
. .
602Pro LAN SUITE 2002 User Forumforum home | rss | search | terms of use
BackBack to 602Pro LAN SUITE 2002 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
SMTP hotmail
  Posted by  Arjan Spoelstra  on Thursday, February 20, 2003 at 5:28:59 AM (EST)
Eventhough I disabled POP3 service via my LANSUITE, I keep on getting this log about a hotmail server.

11:34:31 pm SMTP: [2] Connection error (Winsock: Connection reset by peer).
11:35:01 pm SMTP: [3] Connection error (Winsock: Connection reset by peer).
11:35:01 pm SMTP: [2] 'bay1-f139.bay1.hotmail.com' [65.54.245.139] connected.
11:35:01 pm SMTP: [2] SMTP connection to 'bay1-f139.bay1.hotmail.com' established.
11:38:11 pm SMTP: [2] Connection error (Winsock: Connection reset by peer).

What is this ?
I once tried to add a hotmailserver to my pop3 but this didn't work, the pop3 list doesn't show it's setting. So i believe this is not the cause.

Or is it a hotmailserver trying to deliver a message, but for a strange reason LANSUITE doesn't accept the smtp-call (Winsock: Connection reset by peer).

Does this look familiar to anyone?
Grtz
  Posted by David Hart  on Thursday, February 20, 2003 at 8:48:09 AM (EST)
I'm not certain but you CAN pop a hotmail account with a small free program called HotPop available at:

http://www.boolean.ca/
  Posted by Arjan Spoelstra  on Thursday, February 20, 2003 at 10:18:41 AM (EST)
It seems that my emailserver cannot process all email receivings.
I got an emailaddress at postman.net which also cannot deliver to my server.
Hotmail stays connected for sometime 1.5 minutes and then my winsock of the emailserver disconnects the connection.

Undelivered messages received back at the originator mention that the attempt stopped because of timeouts...

Apparently my emailserver/router/cable is not fully okay. I'll need to investigate on this more I guess.
  Posted by David Hart  on Thursday, February 20, 2003 at 5:17:13 PM (EST)
As a general rule of thumb you cannot access web based e-mail through a client without an interface such as HotPop for Hotmail. There are numerous programs that do this for numerous web-based mail systems available at download.com.

Since HotPop works flwalessly for me, I have opened all my supplemental email accounts via hotmail.

LS 2002 is deigned to poll Pop3 accounts from your ISP. It is not designed to gather messages from web-based mail accounts.
  Posted by C.c.c.j. Turk  on Saturday, February 22, 2003 at 7:39:08 AM (EST)
Arjan, maybe i can help you by mail. And maybe is it then beter to communicate in dutch.
Then you can explan what the problem is. The program given by the other guy works perfect with hotmail and maybe it is something with the settings.
I'm using ls2002 with several clients and at work. So i know rather a lot of it.

It's up to you.
Carlo Turk
BackBack to 602Pro LAN SUITE 2002 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
. . .
  © 2009 Software602, Inc. All rights reserved.