Software602 Home . products . download . support . register . how to buy . . view cart . . . contact us . . . .
Software602 Home . . . . . .
. .
Software602 Login
E-mail:
Password:
forgot?
Support Home .
User Forum .
Knowledge Base .
Submit Ticket .
View My Tickets .
. .
602Pro PC SUITE 2001 User Forumforum home | rss | search | terms of use
BackBack to 602Pro PC SUITE 2001 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
Cannot open a file
  Posted by  Deborah Stewart  on Saturday, February 15, 2003 at 11:53:04 AM (EST)
In the 602text, each time I try to access a .doc file, the program terminates. However the error box says that it has saved a backup copy to the My Documents folder as a temp file. This is strange because I cannot find it on my computer. I made changes to the file yesterday with no problems.
What's causing this?
  Posted by David Niezabitowski  on Sunday, February 16, 2003 at 1:45:10 AM (EST)
Hmm,
When this Word document you mention was created, was it created in Word or 602Text?

If it was in Word, you may encounter some problems. While the compatability is greatly improving, some DOC files cause errors.

Another thing you need to know is that 602Text is NOT compatable with DOC files that contain Macros. Macro programs are copywrite protected by Microsoft and Software 602 cannot use them.

If this doesn't help with your problem, tell us HOW you're trying to open the file.

Are you DBL Clicking the file itself or are you selecting FILE/OPEN from the menu?
Did you ever have this problem before?
Was the program working fine until this recent document?
  Posted by Deborah Stewart  on Sunday, February 16, 2003 at 7:06:05 AM (EST)
This document was created in another program, OpenOffice. I uninstalled that program because I had trouble saving some characteristics in the .doc format there. As far as macros, the file did have grids, tabs, etc. It is an important file that needs updating daily. I had no problems until that day. One clue: 602text mentioned in the error box that the backup was saved in a .wpd format in the C:\ directory.
  Posted by David Niezabitowski  on Sunday, February 16, 2003 at 10:34:42 AM (EST)
OK,
WPD is Text's native format. Did you try searching and opening the WPD file?
  Posted by Deborah Stewart  on Sunday, February 16, 2003 at 2:58:30 PM (EST)
I don't use WordPerfect. And the file does not show up when I do a search for it.
  Posted by David Niezabitowski  on Sunday, February 16, 2003 at 5:38:34 PM (EST)
Did you try re-installing the software?
It's possible that something could have corrupted the file.
  Posted by Deborah Stewart  on Sunday, February 16, 2003 at 6:21:20 PM (EST)
Tried that but it didn't work. Guess I'll have to download another alternative. I do STILL have my Wordpad files. I think Corel has 30-day free trials for WordPerfect. Thanks for your help.
  Posted by  on Tuesday, February 18, 2003 at 2:59:19 PM (EST)
Why don't you just redo the document in Text
BackBack to 602Pro PC SUITE 2001 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
. . .
  © 2009 Software602, Inc. All rights reserved.