Software602 Home . products . download . support . register . how to buy . . view cart . . . contact us . . . .
Software602 Home . . . . . .
. .
Software602 Login
E-mail:
Password:
forgot?
Support Home .
User Forum .
Knowledge Base .
Submit Ticket .
View My Tickets .
. .
602Pro PRINT PACK 2001 User Forumforum home | rss | search | terms of use
BackBack to 602Pro PRINT PACK 2001 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
Scrolling PDF Files is Slow
  Posted by  Robert Williams  on Tuesday, June 19, 2001 at 8:54:02 PM (EST)
Not only do PDF files do not show well scrolling through a PDF created by PRINT PACK is slow and jerky. And I'm talking a text only PDF. Other PDF documents created by other products scroll smoothly.
  Posted by Daniel Chern  on Friday, June 22, 2001 at 12:19:41 AM (EST)
The sluggish scrolling and low resolution is, I suspect, due to the way the pdf is created ie. via a print capture or a bitmap. This is probably why the pdf created by PrintPack is almost 10 times bigger than one created by Acrobat Distiller (I have a copy on my office computer). Acrobat Reader also cannot make out the fonts on a pdf created using PrintPack.

I hope Blue Squirrel can do something about these grouses as I cannot imagine sending a 3meg pdf through my email.
  Posted by Dan Hastings  on Friday, August 03, 2001 at 9:14:57 AM (EST)
I agree. I was very disappointed with my purchase. The PDF file conversion was the ONLY reason I bought the Plus Pack. Now, I find that it is totally unusable for all practical purposes. Any idea when of if they will fix this?
  Posted by M.m. Van meer  on Monday, October 01, 2001 at 4:46:15 PM (EST)
I just use pagedown instead.
This works much faster that scrolling.
  Posted by Daniel Chern  on Saturday, October 06, 2001 at 5:19:18 AM (EST)
After the product hit the streets and, months of the complaints were received, there was no official response to the grouses sent to this forum.

All we got was Blue Squirrel cleaning their hands off the matter, saying that they only SELL this product. Software602 Inc is still mum over the matter, posting no upgrade or improvement nor saying whether it is ever forthcoming!

DanielC
BackBack to 602Pro PRINT PACK 2001 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
. . .
  © 2009 Software602, Inc. All rights reserved.