Software602 Home . products . download . support . register . how to buy . . view cart . . . contact us . . . .
Software602 Home . . . . . .
. .
Software602 Login
E-mail:
Password:
forgot?
Support Home .
User Forum .
Knowledge Base .
Submit Ticket .
View My Tickets .
. .
602Pro LAN SUITE 2002 User Forumforum home | rss | search | terms of use
BackBack to 602Pro LAN SUITE 2002 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
online banking problem
  Posted by  James Loer  on Tuesday, February 11, 2003 at 5:25:59 PM (EST)
Has anyone had a problem getting access to online banking through the proxy?? I cannot get access, but I can get to just about any website. anyone have any insight??
Thanks,
JL
  Posted by John Rickey  on Tuesday, February 11, 2003 at 6:04:06 PM (EST)
I had some problems using Mozilla 1.0 on a Win 2000 computer and a secretary is having problems using Netscape 7.0 on a Win 98 computer.

I tweaked some settings in Mozilla and it seemed to cure my problem. I have not found the answer for Netscape (which uses the Mozilla engine, I believe). These problems did not show using Internet Explorer 5.0.

I do still have one problem on my computer:

Accessing
www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Pacific/d/-8/java
returns the error:
"Possible browser java error or a firewall stops the time applet."

With regards to the firewall I'm supposed to open port 8013, but my efforts in this (by mapping links) have been useless. Any suggestions here? This occurs under IE 5.0 as well as Mozilla 1.0.

John
  Posted by Randolf Broer  on Wednesday, February 12, 2003 at 5:34:54 PM (EST)
James, what internet banking application and which browser do you use?
  Posted by Robert Smith  on Thursday, February 13, 2003 at 10:54:06 AM (EST)
Sounds like the Java applet is trying to communicate on a port other than port 80. It probably isn't SOCKS compatible in this case and can't be sent over HTTP/80. You might want to check with the developers of the site and see what port and see if you can map a link to it.
  Posted by James Loer  on Thursday, February 13, 2003 at 11:10:20 AM (EST)
To all,
Found out what the problem was. When you are using the Site Access tab for permissions to certian areas on the internet, you are restricted to non SSL sites. According to 602 they said there is now way to unrestrict SSL port access. My config was to ALLOW ONLY everyone to a certian site. And Allow certian clients access to all sites based on thier IP. Because I am using the Site Access Tab feature, you cannot have access to SSL sites, 602 does not support this at this time. If you do not use the Site Access features, then you have no problem getting to any SSL sites. I would like to thank everyone for thier input. And I hope that this new information I have got, finds itself useful to someone.
regards,
JL
BackBack to 602Pro LAN SUITE 2002 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
. . .
  © 2009 Software602, Inc. All rights reserved.