Software602 Home . products . download . support . register . how to buy . . view cart . . . contact us . . . .
Software602 Home . . . . . .
. .
Software602 Login
E-mail:
Password:
forgot?
Support Home .
User Forum .
Knowledge Base .
Submit Ticket .
View My Tickets .
. .
602Pro PC SUITE 2001 User Forumforum home | rss | search | terms of use
BackBack to 602Pro PC SUITE 2001 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
Cant open MS Word 8 documents..
  Posted by  Glen W  on Sunday, June 10, 2001 at 3:19:24 PM (EST)
When trying, the system just freezes.

I saw that someone else had a similar problem, and a reply suggested that embedded objects don't always transfer well.

When is this going to be fixed? It is a right bloody pain, and having the system freeze just sucks.
  Posted by Ron Lizardo  on Tuesday, June 12, 2001 at 4:44:50 PM (EST)
Something similar happened to me also...it seems that 602Text does process macro's from ms-word documents.
Disable any macro's before opening in 602Text...that may help.
You could Copy and Paste from the word document into a blank 602Text document...
  Posted by Alan Tattersall  on Wednesday, June 13, 2001 at 2:57:50 AM (EST)
Can't provide a solution - just to confirm that I've had exactly the same problem with Word 8 files - perhaps an additional filter is needed
  Posted by Ian Williamson  on Monday, July 09, 2001 at 5:33:10 AM (EST)
I have noticed the same type of freeze (annoying and time consuming) with other file types (I dont have MS Word 8) especially MS Works 4 (every file), OCR output from PRESTO! Pagemanager, and a variety of docs created in Wordpad, as well as various other files from other sources. When MS Word encounters filetypes it doesn't recognise at least you get the option to use some other program to access it, but not with 602!
  Posted by Paul Griffith  on Saturday, February 15, 2003 at 3:56:17 PM (EST)
Dear software602 developers,

Please try to fix this problems or provide a way of informing the user of a the possible danger and allow them to cancel the operation before it freezes.

I'm just echoing the word of all the people whom have had the system freeze while opening large Microsoft word documents with Macros and/or embbeded objects in them.

Thank you :)
BackBack to 602Pro PC SUITE 2001 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
. . .
  © 2009 Software602, Inc. All rights reserved.