Software602 Home . products . download . support . register . how to buy . . view cart . . . contact us . . . .
Software602 Home . . . . . .
. .
Software602 Login
E-mail:
Password:
forgot?
Support Home .
User Forum .
Knowledge Base .
Submit Ticket .
View My Tickets .
. .
602Pro LAN SUITE 2002 User Forumforum home | rss | search | terms of use
BackBack to 602Pro LAN SUITE 2002 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
WebMail + WebServer
  Posted by  Yoshiaki Higashio  on Sunday, January 26, 2003 at 12:08:21 PM (EST)
I can't configure how to set up webmail using lan suite 2002 and run webserver with other web application.
When I changed the port range 8080 for LAN SUITE, then I no longer access webmail page. When I change 80 for LAN SUITE and set 8080 for other server Application, it will not work with my web server. Is it possible for doing this? Only way to use webmail is run with LAN SUITE and stop other web application?

i really need help!!!!!!!
  Posted by Serge Lesouef  on Sunday, January 26, 2003 at 12:23:42 PM (EST)
I use lansuite + webmail on 80, and apache on port 81. At least, this is a combination which works. I guess apache on 8080 would also work.
Before I came to this, I tried the opposite way, apache on 80 and lansuite/webmail on 80, and it did not work, so, it seems that lansuite checks anayway if 80 free at startup whatever is the setup.
  Posted by Yoshiaki Higashio  on Sunday, January 26, 2003 at 5:01:26 PM (EST)
I still can't get it work.
If I chnage the port 81 for other web server applicatoin, do users need to change something (specify port?) to view my home page?

e.g
www.sample.com/mail
i want to check webmail using lan-suite with port 80

www.sample.com
i want my web server software to respond it with port 81

my router open 80 and 81.
i think any other setting is not needed. but still can't work.
why??????????

Posted by Abdulghani Abdo  on Monday, January 27, 2003 at 11:46:36 AM (EST)

As long each server is using a different port number, it would work. You have to remember to use the port number in the mail server address, for example if you have changed your Lan Suite to use port 100 for example, then to access your lan suite from IE you would use the address http://server:100/mail

Posted by Yoshiaki Higashio  on Monday, January 27, 2003 at 3:09:45 PM (EST)
thank you very much.
now everything is okay.
i just did not know i had to specify port to access webmail with non-80 port.
BackBack to 602Pro LAN SUITE 2002 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
. . .
  © 2009 Software602, Inc. All rights reserved.