Software602 Home . products . download . support . register . how to buy . . view cart . . . contact us . . . .
Software602 Home . . . . . .
. .
Software602 Login
E-mail:
Password:
forgot?
Support Home .
User Forum .
Knowledge Base .
Submit Ticket .
View My Tickets .
. .
602Pro LAN SUITE 2000 User Forumforum home | rss | search | terms of use
BackBack to 602Pro LAN SUITE 2000 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
clients dont work gateway empty?
  Posted by  Wim Vankregten  on Monday, January 20, 2003 at 1:20:37 PM (EST)
Hello

I got 602 LanSuite installed and turned the DHCP server on as stated in the manual. However my clients get assigned an IP, but they can't browse the internet. I.m.h.o. the cause is that there is no default gateway for the clients. I cant find this option in the DHCP settings. I have set up DNS and subnetmask but to no avail. Pls help me out.
  Posted by Robert Smith  on Monday, January 20, 2003 at 3:50:05 PM (EST)
Did you configure the clients? The Knowledge Base/Support page for LAN Suite 2000 has information on doing this.
  Posted by Peter Crown  on Tuesday, May 06, 2003 at 12:44:37 AM (EST)
LAN SUITE 2000 is PROXY, not NAT. You will need to set up your browser and other application to get online.

Peter
  Posted by Wim Vankregten  on Tuesday, May 06, 2003 at 3:20:30 AM (EST)
How do I set up clients and applications?

Pls advise
  Posted by Peter Crown  on Tuesday, May 06, 2003 at 10:00:12 AM (EST)
In the www browser go to Tools/Options/Connection/LAN Seeting and pick proxy and type LAN SUITE IP address there.

You have to set up each application similar way to get online through proxy server.

Peter
  Posted by Wim Vankregten  on Tuesday, May 06, 2003 at 10:55:56 AM (EST)
Is there not a way that I do not have to setup all clients? Or is this only possible with other software. Now I use ICS, but i would like to try something else.

Regards
Bill
  Posted by Peter Crown  on Tuesday, May 06, 2003 at 11:06:16 AM (EST)
Well, if you use Windows 2000 server, then simply turn on build-in NAT and then browse through it. NAT does not require any settings in the client part. However you will not be able to control who goes where...etc...,that is why PROXY may be preffered for business use even if settings is more complicated. LAN SUITE does have NAT.

Peter
  Posted by Wim Vankregten  on Tuesday, May 06, 2003 at 11:16:53 AM (EST)
Hello

I use Windows XP as server and the clients are either Windows 98 or Windows ME. So what can I do best now or what can I use best now?

Bill
  Posted by Peter Crown  on Tuesday, May 06, 2003 at 11:37:18 AM (EST)
I do not have Windows XP, but simple allow Internet sharing in OS and it shoudl do it.
  Posted by Wim Vankregten  on Tuesday, May 06, 2003 at 12:35:43 PM (EST)
Yes

That is calles ICS internet connecttion sharing, but i want to use Lansuite 2002. How do I set this up??

Posted by Peter Crown  on Tuesday, May 06, 2003 at 1:38:05 PM (EST)
It has nothing to do with LAN SUITE. Just set it up and it will work, then run LAN SUITE for your mail and fax needs.

Peter
BackBack to 602Pro LAN SUITE 2000 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
. . .
  © 2009 Software602, Inc. All rights reserved.