Software602 Home . products . download . support . register . how to buy . . view cart . . . contact us . . . .
Software602 Home . . . . . .
. .
Software602 Login
E-mail:
Password:
forgot?
Support Home .
User Forum .
Knowledge Base .
Submit Ticket .
View My Tickets .
. .
602Pro LAN SUITE 2002 User Forumforum home | rss | search | terms of use
BackBack to 602Pro LAN SUITE 2002 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
windows 2000 hangs by collecting mail
  Posted by  Tom Ketelings  on Friday, January 17, 2003 at 11:05:16 AM (EST)
Hello,

I'm a new user of 602 Lan Suite. I've 5 users. When I start my e-mail client, the server with 602 Lan suite completely hangs and I get a blue screen when he tries to collect the mail. When I use webmail, (normally) it works fine, but sometimes he hangs there too. Any ideas? I tried several things, like disable AVG virusscanner, but nothing works.

thanks for any ideas,
Tom Ketelings

system:
Dual P3 500 Mhz
Windows 2000 SP3
602 LAN Suite, latest version
  Posted by Serge Lesouef  on Sunday, January 19, 2003 at 12:18:38 PM (EST)
there may be a pending mail with a corrupted header in his mailbox.
Get the account number from the user account (something like 02GT3542), and remove *.dat from lansuite/mailboxes/[account number].
If you have several mails pending, then you'll have to restore them 1 by one untill you find the guilty one.
  Posted by Tom Ketelings  on Saturday, January 25, 2003 at 6:35:47 AM (EST)
thanks for that suggestion. I removed them all from the Lansuite folder and replaced them again. It works fine now. But I don't know how this problem could occur? Maybe it has something to do with using webmail and mozilla mail together?

thanks for your help.
Tom
  Posted by Serge Lesouef  on Saturday, January 25, 2003 at 10:00:11 PM (EST)
I have never been able to narrow this pb down; since it was always linked to the same sender, who was not answering my request for info about what kind of config/software he was using, and though he was a customer, I blacklisted him by putting him in anti-spam, and that was over.
BackBack to 602Pro LAN SUITE 2002 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
. . .
  © 2009 Software602, Inc. All rights reserved.