Software602 Home . products . download . support . register . how to buy . . view cart . . . contact us . . . .
Software602 Home . . . . . .
. .
Software602 Login
E-mail:
Password:
forgot?
Support Home .
User Forum .
Knowledge Base .
Submit Ticket .
View My Tickets .
. .
602Pro LAN SUITE 2002 User Forumforum home | rss | search | terms of use
BackBack to 602Pro LAN SUITE 2002 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
IMAP4 Help Needed. (Pulling my hair out)
  Posted by  Arthur Roti  on Monday, December 09, 2002 at 2:50:18 PM (EST)
Hello everyone. I am trying to set up IMAP4 email through Outlook to pull email from our web hosting providers IMAP4 enabled email server. We currently pull our mail from them as POP3 as an all forward and let LS sort it out.

I have set up an IMAP account in Outlook with 192.168.1.X as the incoming and outgoing servers. I have them mapped in LS to mail.horstengineering.com port 143. It is the only way it will work on the network.

My problem is this...the reason we are using IMAP4 is to get mail remotely and have it reside on the mail server, and if I can't set Outlook to pull from mail.horstengineering.com and it has to be 192.168.1.X that defeats the purpose because when the laptops leave the company they will not be able to connect to 192.168.1.X

Is there any way around this in LS so I can connect directly to mail.horstengineering.com in Outlook?

Thanks in advance.
  Posted by Robert Smith  on Monday, December 09, 2002 at 3:26:10 PM (EST)
You need to set up a DNS entry to forward records to your LAN Suite installation. Your ISP should be able to do this, but there are many free or low cost "dynamic DNS" services out there that can do it for you if your ISP won't.
  Posted by Arthur Roti  on Monday, December 09, 2002 at 3:59:24 PM (EST)
Robert, thanks for your reply. I don't exactly understand what you are saying.

I can forward all mail to LS or pull it down via POP3. We do that currently, and IMO that's the problem. We have a DSL line with a static IP but I don't exactly understand what you are saying to forward. We do not plan on hosting our own email and/or website.

I simply would like the email client be able to poll mail.horstengineering.com (Our providers addy) from Outlook. That would solve everything. I can't see to get around it. :(
  Posted by Robert Smith  on Thursday, December 12, 2002 at 5:40:08 PM (EST)
Ok, so maybe I read the other post incorrectly.

You can't access something not on port 80 or port 443 through the proxy server unless the application supports proxy servers (I can't think of a mail client that does).
  Posted by Steve David  on Sunday, December 15, 2002 at 10:34:03 AM (EST)
hi, if outlook works fine on 192.168.1.x why dont you have lansuite issue ip addresses to your remote users, that whay when they are on the road lets say in an clients location or staying in a hotel they can dial into your network and receive there e-mail as if they when connected locally, thats what ive set up for our firm and everything seams to work ok.
BackBack to 602Pro LAN SUITE 2002 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
. . .
  © 2009 Software602, Inc. All rights reserved.