Software602 Home . products . download . support . register . how to buy . . view cart . . . contact us . . . .
Software602 Home . . . . . .
. .
Software602 Login
E-mail:
Password:
forgot?
Support Home .
User Forum .
Knowledge Base .
Submit Ticket .
View My Tickets .
. .
602Pro LAN SUITE 2002 User Forumforum home | rss | search | terms of use
BackBack to 602Pro LAN SUITE 2002 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
Mail Duplication
  Posted by  Sunil Parekh  on Friday, September 27, 2002 at 11:50:23 AM (EST)
Is there any oner facing problem of mail duplication.

I am receiving same mails 4-5 times. does any one has got solution for this.

Posted by Steve Weeks  on Monday, September 30, 2002 at 5:17:43 AM (EST)
Are the messages intended for a number of users within your user list?
I'm having a problem that when someone sends an email to say 5 users within my office, 1 of those users will get all 5 messages..
  Posted by Steve Weeks  on Monday, September 30, 2002 at 5:20:11 AM (EST)
If this is not the case then check that someone has not clogged up your account with a huge file attachment. If you can access your email form the web then check for this problem. This is my number one cause of mail duplication.
  Posted by Deepak Mhatre  on Monday, September 30, 2002 at 8:52:31 AM (EST)
yes it was sent to mulptile peoples, but there is no mail clogged in mailbox
  Posted by Fernando Penna  on Tuesday, October 01, 2002 at 12:05:58 PM (EST)
HI I have had the same problem and i solved it making the following:
in "Conig wizard" look for
1.-"Settings for reg.collection of e-mail by the POP3 protocol"
2.-Choose one of the "POP3 mailbox"
3.-Edit
4.-in "received messages deliver to:" there you must choose for the login name.
This way I could reicive the mail to each User and not that one user reicived all mails.
By Fernando
  Posted by Don Smith  on Wednesday, October 02, 2002 at 11:18:14 PM (EST)
I'm running into the same problem. I have all the accounts set up properly, and the mailboxes are empty, but if I send test messages to all the recipients on my system (all listed in the To: address field), they all go to just one e-mail box. Sent individually, they all route properly, but two or more recipients causes all the messages to go to just one mailbox.
  Posted by Eddie Tang  on Monday, October 07, 2002 at 4:55:42 AM (EST)
Yes I am also facing the same problem of having duplicate emails if sent to more than one recipient.

This happens if the recipient is in the To, CC or Bcc field. Each of the recipients will get the same email multiple by the number of recipient in my email domain.

Is this a bug? Does S602 have a solution for us?

Posted by James Williams  on Monday, October 07, 2002 at 11:45:58 AM (EST)
The problem is not with LAN SUITE, it is with your ISP. I changed my ISP and it corrected the problem right away. My ISP was copying the mail between all of the address users and then LAN SUITE was receiving it and doing the same. Hence all of the duplicated messages. The ISP should have amended the message header so that the mail was only addressed to one user but it did'nt.
  Posted by Landon Browning  on Monday, October 07, 2002 at 12:15:52 PM (EST)
I may have found a work-around. I've found that when sending emails to multiple addresses, all recipients will tend to get them at least twice, but about 2 to 3 minutes apart. On top of that, this does not happen with the whole office, just two members (so far) of the office.

What I've had these people do is send interoffice email (to more than one recipient) using a group address created with the address book. This seems to prevent multiple reception of email.
  Posted by Steve Deal  on Monday, February 03, 2003 at 4:49:43 PM (EST)
I too have encountered duplicate emails for some time.

I today identified one scenario in which it occurs.

Local domain is :company.com
Message sent to: staff@company.com, user1@company.com, invaliduser@company.com

When this message is processed, one copy goes to the staff (an alias). Usually(!) one copy goes to user1, also a member of staff. But the invalid address gets routed out to the internet(!). Later, it returns, and gets processed by 602 as inbound mail, and delivered again to "staff", meaning everyone.

In summary, we get as many duplicates as there are invalid/mispelled email addresses in the header.

Any ideas out there on how to circumvent this?

Any chance this is fixed in the 2002 release?

Posted by Steve Deal  on Monday, February 03, 2003 at 7:42:59 PM (EST)
A second duplicate email scenario:

Sometimes incoming internet messages get delivered multiple times.

For example, Internet Message sent to: staff@company.com, user1@company.com, user2@company.com

Understandably, I can accept that user1 and user2 might each get two messages.

This appears to depend on the ISP. I tested with several different ISPs tonight. Mailbank and Yahoo seem to work as expected -- the staff folk each get one copy. But a message from Hotmail generates THREE messages to everybody on the staff list!

Seems to be something special in the interaction between Hotmail and 602 (but without traces, etc. I don't know more). I assume there may be other ISPs whose format bothers the mail server also.
  Posted by M L  on Friday, April 25, 2003 at 3:34:02 AM (EST)
I too am having problems with duplicate mails - but very different to the problems described here so far.

I'm using the latest lansuite on xp and am collecting mail via POP from my ISP, and have it set to leave a copy on the server (for DR). It collects mail every 10 minutes.

Every so often lansuite will check the messages at the server and determine that around half of the messages up there (currently ~90) are new, even though they have all been downloaded before and just 10 minutes earlier, none were considered new!

It can go for days without a problem, then like yesterday at 10:20pm it pulled 40 messages a second time, and at 1.15am (just a few hours later) it pulled another 45 messages.

I've got another POP client configured to the same ISP mailbox and that does not pull the messages, so I don't think there is a problem at the ISP with "touching" the dates.

I've also run NTP to ensure the times are sync'd between the two boxes.

Any ideas?

BTW - the senders of the mails are getting duplicate delivery receipts, I had a complaint from one client saying they had now received 6 receipts for one mail!

Thanks.
  Posted by J R  on Thursday, November 17, 2005 at 10:56:48 AM (EST)
Lansuite is giving me these duplication too. This is an old thread and I might have missed some possible answers and may have some new information.

We are running Windows Server 2003 and AVG Antivirus running in the background.

I do have a catchall email domain which communicates all email directly to the server.

In Lansuite I have choosen "route by address"

Currently we have been bringing in email by smtp from Compuserve and sending out directly to the addressees.

We have a domain, which I have used to send out email from Lansuite now and then, but it has not been setup for users yet. (we dont have pc's on each persons desk at this point and want to make sure its solid in running)

So in Lansuite, I DO NOT have anything in the "domain" filled in, just blank.

I considered if we drop all the compuserve usage entirely and just work with just our domain and put our domain into Lansuite, if this wouldnt simply solve all our problems.

When you are sending email out to 22 people and its sends out 3+ times, thats like 66+ sends!

Please help me by feedback to this thread.

Jeremy
  Posted by Ant Ony  on Tuesday, March 06, 2007 at 3:56:46 AM (EST)

Posted by Ant Ony  on Tuesday, March 06, 2007 at 4:09:36 AM (EST)

BackBack to 602Pro LAN SUITE 2002 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
. . .
  © 2009 Software602, Inc. All rights reserved.