Software602 Home . products . download . support . register . how to buy . . view cart . . . contact us . . . .
Software602 Home . . . . . .
. .
Software602 Login
E-mail:
Password:
forgot?
Support Home .
User Forum .
Knowledge Base .
Submit Ticket .
View My Tickets .
. .
602Pro LAN SUITE 2002 User Forumforum home | rss | search | terms of use
BackBack to 602Pro LAN SUITE 2002 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
External FTP & SMTP access attempts
  Posted by  E Soon  on Monday, July 15, 2002 at 1:02:00 AM (EST)
Just set up LS2002 for trial. Still a newbie so any experienced users here please help. My main concern is that occasionally, I can see from the log file that there are attempts from external IP addresses to use my LS2002's FTP server or SMTP server. Apparently it was not successful as the password is either not recognised or the SMTP server will not relay the msgs.

What I want to know is, is this normal internet traffic or is this an attempted hack or abuse? Please anyone, your enlightening information. Thank you.
  Posted by Sniper Vegeta  on Monday, July 15, 2002 at 5:13:04 AM (EST)
Well as you installed it end do 0 to the confic

the SMPT relay only for Lan Suite users and not from someone from outside
  Posted by Wim Smit  on Monday, July 15, 2002 at 6:09:24 AM (EST)
Could be somebody scanning for a smtp server to sent his spam messages with.

You can also change the interface the smtp server will be running on. Also, get a good firewall.
  Posted by David Logsdon  on Monday, July 29, 2002 at 12:13:00 PM (EST)
Most of that kind of traffic going to be one of the following, viruses looking for Microsoft IIS, WaRez people looking for a place to park files, and junk mailers looking for an open relay. You can get a whole firewall program, but Lansuite is already doing most of that, just download www.analogX.com 's free port blocker and that should be that, but you might want to look into buying black ice or something.
BackBack to 602Pro LAN SUITE 2002 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
. . .
  © 2009 Software602, Inc. All rights reserved.