Software602 Home . products . download . support . register . how to buy . . view cart . . . contact us . . . .
Software602 Home . . . . . .
. .
Software602 Login
E-mail:
Password:
forgot?
Support Home .
User Forum .
Knowledge Base .
Submit Ticket .
View My Tickets .
. .
Groupware Server 6.0 User Forumforum home | rss | search | terms of use
BackBack to Groupware Server 6.0 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
IIS setup help needed
  Posted by  Steven Walker  on Thursday, October 02, 2008 at 2:20:35 PM (EST)
Hi

anyone got an idiots guide on setting up IIS to work with Groupware, tried but getting authentication errors when trying to log in via web mail, so had to switch back to Groupware server.

Thanks in advance

Steve
  Posted by Robert Smith  on Wednesday, October 08, 2008 at 2:30:34 PM (EST)
Well what happens when you try to use IIS? You might need to reinstall .NET if you installed IIS AFTER you installed Groupware/.NET.
  Posted by Barry Kucher  on Sunday, February 15, 2009 at 11:26:23 PM (EST)
We had the same problem. When users tried logging in, the screen would say authentication failed.

We had to revert to using SSL to get it to work. The GWConsole is a bit confusing. We originally thought if you select IIS it does not use any of the other settings on the screen, but it does.

Software602 Tech Support connected to my server and changed something in the configuration file and they had it working in 5 minutes. This was only for my local users. My remote users still could not login.

Our issue had to do with our ISP used what they call MASKING. My users type in www.mymailserver.com and the user was forwarded to www.myhost.com. My users did NOT see this, they only saw www.mymailserver.com. Once we turned off masking, everything works fine.

If you use this same feature, try turning masking off. That should work. IE7 & Firefox catch this as a phishing site because of the masking. Turn it off and you should be OK.

Barry Kucher
www.411tech.org
BackBack to Groupware Server 6.0 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
. . .
  © 2009 Software602, Inc. All rights reserved.