Software602 Home . products . download . support . register . how to buy . . view cart . . . contact us . . . .
Software602 Home . . . . . .
. .
Software602 Login
E-mail:
Password:
forgot?
Support Home .
User Forum .
Knowledge Base .
Submit Ticket .
View My Tickets .
. .
Groupware Server 6.0 User Forumforum home | rss | search | terms of use
BackBack to Groupware Server 6.0 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
Pre Sales Question
  Posted by  Paul Szilard  on Tuesday, August 19, 2008 at 9:17:39 AM (EST)
I have no experience with GR6 (the demo is download as I type this).

I have customer that works from home and wants to have 3 PCs on the LAN to be able to have access to up to date email - but the SAME account on all. So that she can walk up to any of the PCs and use Outlook and see all incoming and sent messages!

If I install GW6 on a dedicated PC and then use IMAP on the desk PCs and set Outlook to the same email account, will this work? Do I need Outlook Connector as well?

A quick reply would be much appreciated.

Thanks.
  Posted by Murray Gorson  on Wednesday, August 20, 2008 at 3:54:07 PM (EST)
IMAP works fine for receiving and sending e-mail files. The outlook connector allows you maintain the outlook calendar and contacts (and all your mail folders) on the server so they are accessble from multiple locations (either via outlook with the connector or via the web interface). It also allows you to share calendar's and contacts with other users. The downside of the outlook connector is that the file on the local PC is not a .PST file, so you can not sync it with Hot Sync for Treos, iTunes for the iPhone or Blackberry desktop manager. It only supports Microsoft based phones using Microsoft Activesync (Not exchange activesync). I have heard that later this year a new connector is planned that will support .PST files and hopefully then be compatible with most phone sync programs.
BackBack to Groupware Server 6.0 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
. . .
  © 2009 Software602, Inc. All rights reserved.