Software602 Home . products . download . support . register . how to buy . . view cart . . . contact us . . . .
Software602 Home . . . . . .
. .
Software602 Login
E-mail:
Password:
forgot?
Support Home .
User Forum .
Knowledge Base .
Submit Ticket .
View My Tickets .
. .
Groupware Server 6.0 User Forumforum home | rss | search | terms of use
BackBack to Groupware Server 6.0 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
Outlook Connector
  Posted by  Murray Gorson  on Monday, July 07, 2008 at 3:58:35 PM (EST)
I am having trouble with the Outlook Connector and Outlook 2007. Trouble includes:
1) Some machines: the toolbar doesn't get created.
2) Some machines: Outlook crashes with the Outlook Connector installed
3) Other machines: Work Fine.

I just did a clean install of Win XP SP2 on a Dell Optiplex. Ran all Microsoft patches and updates(except SP3). Installed Microsoft Desktop Search and when I installed the Outlook Connector, the toolbar didn't appear. Tech supports says it is not a bug since it works on some computers and not others.

Has anyone else seen this?
  Posted by Robert Smith  on Thursday, July 10, 2008 at 5:04:37 PM (EST)
Support is probably right, it's not a bug if it works on some computers but not others. the definition of a bug is an error that is reproducable, and it looks like you can't even reproduce it yourself.

You say you installed it on a clean system, but you also installed desktop search. I suggest you try uninstalling the desktop search and try reinstalling the connector. There could be a conflict between the two applications.

Other than that you can also check to see if there's the Outlook Connector option when you try to create a new account. This will tell you if it's actually installed or not.

It's strange that you say it works on some computers and not on others. There must be some differences between the two systems.
BackBack to Groupware Server 6.0 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
. . .
  © 2009 Software602, Inc. All rights reserved.