Software602 Home . products . download . support . register . how to buy . . view cart . . . contact us . . . .
Software602 Home . . . . . .
. .
Software602 Login
E-mail:
Password:
forgot?
Support Home .
User Forum .
Knowledge Base .
Submit Ticket .
View My Tickets .
. .
Groupware Server 6.0 User Forumforum home | rss | search | terms of use
BackBack to Groupware Server 6.0 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
Server Service fails to start
  Posted by  John Matthews  on Thursday, June 19, 2008 at 1:08:05 AM (EST)
First I was using the 2004 version and have upgraded to 5.0. The experience was great nothing to do but click the migration tool and tweak few settings. Only problem is now I get this error in the event viewer when I boot up. The Database starts fine but the server takes too long to connect. Even though I have it try and restart the server on fail it still shows this. When I start it by hand it starts fine. I made sure no other error is in the event logs And the server starts up with dependencies on the database too. So any help would be welcome.

Event Type: Error
Event Source: Service Control Manager
Event Category: None
Event ID: 7009
User: N/A
Description:
Timeout (30000 milliseconds) waiting for the 602LAN SUITE Groupware Server service service to connect.
  Posted by Robert Smith  on Monday, June 30, 2008 at 9:15:42 AM (EST)
Check the log file to see what's hanging up, it should be the last line. Could be a port conflict (eg: LDAP vs ActiveDirectory). Log file is in c:\Program Files\Software602\602LAN SUITE 5 Groupware\ folder. it's in a smmddyyi.log format (mmddyy=date in mm dd yy format). So today's would be s063008i.log.

If all else fails, I'd contact support.
BackBack to Groupware Server 6.0 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
. . .
  © 2009 Software602, Inc. All rights reserved.