Software602 Home . products . download . support . register . how to buy . . view cart . . . contact us . . . .
Software602 Home . . . . . .
. .
Software602 Login
E-mail:
Password:
forgot?
Support Home .
User Forum .
Knowledge Base .
Submit Ticket .
View My Tickets .
. .
Groupware Server 6.0 User Forumforum home | rss | search | terms of use
BackBack to Groupware Server 6.0 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
LDAP setup in Lansuite Groupware
  Posted by  Murray Gorson  on Wednesday, May 07, 2008 at 4:06:47 PM (EST)
In Lansuite 2004 I was able to set up LDAP with a search base of c=us. This worked fine. In Groupware, it requires a Base suffix of dc=localhost or some other dc value.

My e-mail server is not on the active directory. How do i get LDAP to work?

Thnaks,
  Posted by Tom Herls  on Thursday, May 08, 2008 at 1:29:13 PM (EST)
what are you doing LDAP for? Email lookup within labsuite or for authentication for something else? I just got it working for my netgear ssl firewall authentication scheme. LS Support is going to put a KB article together regarding the solution.

But in summary, your lanuite users MUST have the ACCOUNT NAME and LOGIN NAME that match and ALL CAPS. So if you are looking up a user called Frank, his lanuite account has to be account name FRANK and his login name FRANK.

Also you must have all the folders checked in LDAP setup for mapping.

dc must match the base suffix in ldap setup.

I do not use Active Directory and was trying to get this to work to avoid AD. It works.

It help alot fo enable to console while messing with this. Only enable logging for ldap while working on it, then you can see everything going on and why it fails.
  Posted by Robert Smith  on Tuesday, May 13, 2008 at 9:18:03 AM (EST)
Here's a knowledge base for Outlook xp(2002)/2003:

http://support.software602.com/kb/view.aspx?articleID=1105

It could be adapated for whatever mail client you're using.
  Posted by Murray Gorson  on Tuesday, May 13, 2008 at 10:59:02 AM (EST)
I am trying to use it for 2 purposes:
1) Outlook - to use as an address book
2) I have network scanners with ldap lookup capabilities. I use it to scan to e-mail.

My network is ABCD.lan while my email is ABCDco.com. How should I set the dc settings? The lansuite ldap dc setting defaults to dc=localhost. Do I need to use a username and password to login. Previously I didn't.
  Posted by Tom Herls  on Tuesday, May 13, 2008 at 4:05:13 PM (EST)
for lookup of emails you do not need any ID or pass. The DC should be the same in lansuite and the program you are using. I have success using dc=lansuite also make sure the user is a member of the ldap group.
  Posted by Peter Crown  on Monday, May 19, 2008 at 6:40:08 PM (EST)
1. For Outlook. My suggestion is to use Outlook Connector. It will sync in real time all your contacts (address books), so they will be all the time up-to-date. It also syncs calendar, task, email..etc.. and also backup your Outlook desktop data to the server.
BackBack to Groupware Server 6.0 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
. . .
  © 2009 Software602, Inc. All rights reserved.