Software602 Home . products . download . support . register . how to buy . . view cart . . . contact us . . . .
Software602 Home . . . . . .
. .
Software602 Login
E-mail:
Password:
forgot?
Support Home .
User Forum .
Knowledge Base .
Submit Ticket .
View My Tickets .
. .
602Pro LAN SUITE 2002 User Forumforum home | rss | search | terms of use
BackBack to 602Pro LAN SUITE 2002 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
IIS services taken over by Lan suite
  Posted by  Gary Forsyth  on Tuesday, June 04, 2002 at 2:35:07 AM (EST)
I like this software and I want to make it work on my server! I've installed it, uninstalled and re-installed it to try and fix the problem, but it's just the same! I never choose to install any proxy stuff: www, ftp etc... - none are chosen.

The problem? It works great except that my current web services drop off the moment Lan Suite starts up. Lan Suite becomes the new Homepage (when i click on HOME) and people cannot browse my web site now (on the local machine). If I shutdown Lan Suite the pages on IIS appear again, but re-start Lan Suite and they are replaced with pages from Lan Suite.

Am I the only person with this problem????

PLEASE HELP!
Gary
  Posted by Scott Rymer  on Tuesday, June 04, 2002 at 4:15:58 PM (EST)
I'm not sure if this will help but check out the port settings for these services. The WWW port of LANSUITE is defaulted to 80. You may have to change the port setting if you are using another WWW server. Play with it a bit...thats what I do and it eventually works!!

It's a great program for the price!

RymCo
  Posted by Serge Lesouef  on Wednesday, June 05, 2002 at 6:11:18 PM (EST)
Since the remote admin is using the www service, it may run even if disabled? Otherwise you can shift it to another port like 81.
I actually run an Apache on same machine without any pb, but I set Apache to run on port 81.
I also noticed a long time ago, that even if unused, it seems to check if the port is free at start up. Maybe you should start lansuite before IIS.
  Posted by Mark Richards  on Friday, June 07, 2002 at 8:04:28 AM (EST)
I had exactly the same problems but resolved it relatively easily! In our case, we run Lan Suite together with IIS5 on Windows 2000 Server. The version of IIS that comes with Server will permit you to attach a single or multiple websites to an alternative IP address. Equally you can configure LanSuite to use a different IP address than the default for the network card. Therefore we have configured multiple IP Addresses for the system in TCPIP properties. For example the default for the card in 192.168.1.5 and we have created 192.168.1.51 and 192.168.1.52. WE configure LanSuite for ..51 and IIS5 for ..52. We then use the Router to direct the Port 21,25 and 100 packets to 51 - thus we support our Mail Server and FTP Service. However Port 80 traffic is directed to ..52. We then have a hyperlink within our Site to ..51 to access the Web Mail. We did have problems configuring IIS or LanSuite to continue to use the default for the card. But there are other routing and security advantages to using only virtual ports for Lansuite and IIS. Workstation operating systems would still accept the same solution but the process would be slightly different because IIS5 does not offer Sites only Virtual Directories in that environment. I hope this helps. If you need any further help please contact me.
BackBack to 602Pro LAN SUITE 2002 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
. . .
  © 2009 Software602, Inc. All rights reserved.