Software602 Home . products . download . support . register . how to buy . . view cart . . . contact us . . . .
Software602 Home . . . . . .
. .
Software602 Login
E-mail:
Password:
forgot?
Support Home .
User Forum .
Knowledge Base .
Submit Ticket .
View My Tickets .
. .
Groupware Server 6.0 User Forumforum home | rss | search | terms of use
BackBack to Groupware Server 6.0 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
602groupware- activesync - blackberry compatible
  Posted by  Vincent Zuffour  on Sunday, January 20, 2008 at 1:03:17 AM (EST)
Hi hv been using 602lansuite2004 for past 2 yrs and all working great.under process to upgrade to groupware on ibmx3650 server.i would like to cfm following :

1/gware is compatible with activesync for win mobile PDA right?does it also work remotly using GPRs / edge/umts connection ?
2/ i also hv a synbiam phone , so can collect mails via pop3 but remotly can it be used with a blackberry gprs connection ? can 602lna supply same feature as ms exchange for real time mail editing / management?

thanks for Update
vincent
  Posted by Robert Smith  on Tuesday, January 22, 2008 at 4:05:31 PM (EST)
1. As far as I understand activesync, it's really irrelevant if the software "is compatible with it" because it's a plugin for Outlook. In other words if your mobile device supports ActiveSync, it will work because it syncs things (contacts, calendar items, etc) from Outlook to the mobile device. You can NOT sync through the web client, and to get the contacts, calendar items, tasks and other useful groupware features you have to have the Outlook Connector.

2. You can use the web interface on your phone to edit mail just like you would in your web browser on your computer, so yes, this will probably work remotely.
  Posted by Peter Crown  on Monday, March 17, 2008 at 6:25:12 PM (EST)
If you use Smartphone or PDA with Windows Mobile then you can use Activesync to sync directly to your Outlook. Once you install Outlook connector. It will sync your calendar and task as well. This was tested with current 5.0.08.0211 version and works fine on any operating system including VISTA. Blackberry will not sync with current Outlook Connector. I heard that they are working on a new version of connector which will aslo support Blackberry.

You may experience the problem with Activesync and too many objects to sync. Microsoft suggested to delete some object and do not sync all.
BackBack to Groupware Server 6.0 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
. . .
  © 2009 Software602, Inc. All rights reserved.