Software602 Home . products . download . support . register . how to buy . . view cart . . . contact us . . . .
Software602 Home . . . . . .
. .
Software602 Login
E-mail:
Password:
forgot?
Support Home .
User Forum .
Knowledge Base .
Submit Ticket .
View My Tickets .
. .
Print2PDF 7.0 User Forumforum home | rss | search | terms of use
BackBack to Print2PDF 7.0 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
Digital ID Key Error Message
  Posted by  Oliver E. Seikel  on Tuesday, January 01, 2008 at 2:51:24 PM (EST)
I have been using Build 7.0.07.1030 with Windows XP Pro since November without any problems, until recently.

Within the last few weeks I have encountered various problems, and now whenever I try to use Print2PDF from any program, including the Windows print test page routine, I get the error message: Digital ID key is inaccessible.

Does anyone have any suggestions? Will I have to reinstall? If so, will this cause registration problems?

Oliver
  Posted by Robert Smith  on Friday, January 04, 2008 at 6:05:43 PM (EST)
Try removing and re-adding your certificate (Print2PDF Configuration -> Edit Digital ID button -> Select.. button -> Re-add certificate from the list). You may need to reinstall your digital ID into the Windows Certificate Store as well.
  Posted by OliverE. Seikel  on Saturday, January 05, 2008 at 3:03:57 PM (EST)
Thanks for the reply, but it does not seem to help. I don't have any digital IDs set up, and none appear int he Digital ID box. Therefor, I cannot figure out why I am getting such a message.

Since posting my reply, I have uninstalled Print2PDF, and reinstalled it. My reinstalltion attempts were at first not successful, but then I downloaded a new copy of the installation file, and that worked,but I had to deactivate and reactivate the installation. But Print2PDF is still unusable. I keep getting the message "Digital ID private key is inaccessible. Do you Want to try again?" when I try to use the driver.

What ticks me off, is that I purchased v7 on November 1st, so I am just outside of the 60 day technical support period, when the program stops working. What a bummer.
  Posted by Manuel Afonsodeamorine  on Tuesday, January 08, 2008 at 5:10:32 PM (EST)
I came here precisely looking for some specific information on this particular issue. A couple of days ago I started having this exact same problem, after many months of being able to succesfully use this (much needed) feature.

I just wonder if it is a pure coincidence or some recent Windows update that might have triggered this behaviour. For what is worth, I am running Windows Vista here and not XP as the parent poster.

Also, I am able to use this same feature with another PDF editing program I am running at the same computer so it appears to be some problem with Print2PDF.

None of the suggestions given above appear to work, installing/reinstalling the certificates or the software yield no possitive results.
  Posted by OliverE. Seikel  on Tuesday, January 08, 2008 at 8:58:31 PM (EST)
Yours is an interesting observation. I also have Primo PDF and PDF Creator installed, and they are working fine. However, they do not offer the option of adding pages to an existing file which is why I want to get Print2PDF working again.

Software 602's support policy has me irritated. To get their support, I have to pay $30 for a single problem, or buy a new copy of the program for $40 and get support for 60 days. Maybe I could call it an upgrade, and pay only $20 (those are rounded $ amounts).
  Posted by OliverE. Seikel  on Monday, January 21, 2008 at 7:40:48 PM (EST)
This appears to be resolved. I was prepared to do a radical uninstall and re-install, but I first tried the following:

1. Open the Print2PDF Configuration box from Start>Programs>Print2PDF.

2. Click on [Reset preferences to default.

3. Change Profile name to Standard.

NOTE: With this configuration the following are unchecked:

__ Add Security
__ Add Digital ID
__ Add Watermark
__ Add Stamp

I then went to Start>Printers and Faxes> and right clicked on "Print2PDF" and the printed Test Page. It worked fine. I did this several times, and was able to add pages without any problems.

Hopefully this fully solves the problem. Software602 should put in the FAQ's.

Oliver
  Posted by MichaelJ.H. Davies  on Sunday, August 10, 2008 at 12:18:29 PM (EST)
I have (also) just started experiencing this problem. Erroneusly thinking that 'Digital ID private key' was something to do with registration information for Print2PDF, I went through the whole time-consuming rigmarole of uninstal, unregister, instal, register without solving the problem. Then I checked the User Forum and found these postings. I checked the Print2PDF settings and found that, for some unknown reason, the 'Digital ID' box was selected (not something I am aware of having done!). Removing the check mark solved the problem!
BackBack to Print2PDF 7.0 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
. . .
  © 2009 Software602, Inc. All rights reserved.