Software602 Home . products . download . support . register . how to buy . . view cart . . . contact us . . . .
Software602 Home . . . . . .
. .
Software602 Login
E-mail:
Password:
forgot?
Support Home .
User Forum .
Knowledge Base .
Submit Ticket .
View My Tickets .
. .
Groupware Server 6.0 User Forumforum home | rss | search | terms of use
BackBack to Groupware Server 6.0 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
Fix these bugs, and I will consider to upgrade
  Posted by  Steve Zerobnick  on Saturday, December 15, 2007 at 7:15:39 AM (EST)
Hi,

I installed the demo version on new PC with XP pro, it is a clean installation, and found these bugs:

1) When using fax client, I get "PrnPack.exe - Application Error, 0x008d3962 referenced memory at 0x00a93310, the memory could not be read" window.

2) After installing outlook connector on a PC with outlook 2003 (win xp pro), and creating a new profile, the "Additional server types" list is empty.

3) And, a feature request (a thing that bothers me in previous versions).
In the "List of POP3 mailboxes to check regularly", please add "enable/disable" to each account.
Sometimes I wish do disable pop collecting for specific user, the only way is to delete the record, and then add it again - why? Just and a checkbox enable/disable
  Posted by Peter Crown  on Monday, December 17, 2007 at 6:04:45 PM (EST)
Hello Steve,

They will probably fix if there is something to fix, but you should submit online ticket and report it to them. First issue may not be related to Groupware. prnpack.exe is a TSR required for Print2PDF.
  Posted by Steve Zerobnick  on Tuesday, December 18, 2007 at 3:30:42 AM (EST)
Hi,

I don't have Print2PDF, and never installed it, I guess it is a part of the fax client that come with lansuite.

I am more concerned about the outlook connector issue, and the fact that no one from software602 answer my post.
  Posted by Robert Smith  on Tuesday, December 18, 2007 at 9:46:51 AM (EST)
1. That's an access violation. The error means that the memory is trying to be read by the program but can't be read. Usually this can be caused by anything from bad memory/hardware to driver conflicts to damaged software. I can tell you that I use the Print2fax program fairly extensively and have no problems, so this might be something with your configuration. I suggest the first thing you do is simply shut down all programs that are running that aren't necessary for system functionality. Doing a quick google search on the error, you might also want to consider reinstalling Java Runtime.

2. I'd try reinstalling the connector and see if that helps. I'd also reboot the computer after installing, and make sure that Outlook is closed before starting the installer (check the task list to insure it is closed down). If all else fails, open a ticket to the support team.

I'd also follow the instructions provided in this knowledge base topic

http://support.software602.com/kb/view.aspx?articleID=1077

3. You should submit this as a feature request (just open a ticket and they will take it from there).
  Posted by Steve Zerobnick  on Tuesday, December 18, 2007 at 10:42:40 AM (EST)
Hi Robert,

I instaled the lansuite on vmware (xp host and guest), it is a new computer (6 months) never had any problem with the hardware and/or memory. I don't use java run-time, should I install it?

As for the connetor, I uninstalled it and re-installed it several times, and reboot the computer each time, nothing.

Posted by Peter Crown  on Tuesday, December 18, 2007 at 4:54:01 PM (EST)
Hi Steve,

We were right, there is also prnpack.exe as a part of Print2FAX. It seems that same TSR is used for both printers. I use Print2FAX with Win 2k and IE6/Groupware client and also on XP with Outlook Express, both scenarios worked fine. What default email client do you use?

About second comment, please read “terms of use” on the top. First sentence says: “Software602 does not offer any formal support in the user forums.” If you want answer from Software602 then submit ticket, not post on public form.
BackBack to Groupware Server 6.0 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
. . .
  © 2009 Software602, Inc. All rights reserved.