Software602 Home . products . download . support . register . how to buy . . view cart . . . contact us . . . .
Software602 Home . . . . . .
. .
Software602 Login
E-mail:
Password:
forgot?
Support Home .
User Forum .
Knowledge Base .
Submit Ticket .
View My Tickets .
. .
Groupware Server 6.0 User Forumforum home | rss | search | terms of use
BackBack to Groupware Server 6.0 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
What is the purpose of User Group for ?
  Posted by  Ng Khaikeong  on Friday, December 07, 2007 at 11:59:53 PM (EST)
Forgive me to ask such question.
After I tried this product, I really don't know why have to create a User Group, such as Finance, Marketing, Production ... etc.

After assigned a user as a member of a Group, what benefit can we get? does we can sent a mail to all users those under the specify group for example finance@mycompany.com ?
  Posted by Barry Kucher  on Saturday, December 08, 2007 at 7:33:36 PM (EST)
The way it works is this...Let's say you have 5 people in 'Finance'. You would put all 5 people in the 'Finance' group. Then if you want to send an email to the entire finance department, you can send an email to finance@yourcompany.com.

If you are migrating from LS2004, your users ALIASES are still there, but groups are much easier to work with.

Barry Kucher
http://www.411tech.org
  Posted by Ng Khaikeong  on Friday, December 14, 2007 at 4:38:46 AM (EST)
I had tried to send by finance@mycompany.com this time, I monitor the activity log, I saw the server strict sent to external instead delivered to local user group.
  Posted by Robert Smith  on Tuesday, December 18, 2007 at 9:11:38 AM (EST)
It's because there is no address called "finance@mycompany.com". Groups are just a way of organizing users, and you can't e-mail the groupname@thedomain.tld like you're trying to do. If you want to do that, I believe the only way to do it is to it is to set up a user account called "finance", then add aliases for all users you wish to get that mail.

Alternatively, you can send email to a contact group in Outlook or the Groupware client.

This knowledge base explains how to create a distribution list in Groupware and make it a public contact/group:

http://support.software602.com/kb/view.aspx?articleID=1078

BackBack to Groupware Server 6.0 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
. . .
  © 2009 Software602, Inc. All rights reserved.