Software602 Home . products . download . support . register . how to buy . . view cart . . . contact us . . . .
Software602 Home . . . . . .
. .
Software602 Login
E-mail:
Password:
forgot?
Support Home .
User Forum .
Knowledge Base .
Submit Ticket .
View My Tickets .
. .
Groupware Server 6.0 User Forumforum home | rss | search | terms of use
BackBack to Groupware Server 6.0 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
1 User wants LS2004 Back
  Posted by  Barry Kucher  on Tuesday, November 06, 2007 at 3:37:42 PM (EST)
OK..We have installed Groupware and my users love it. Document Storage, Calendar Sharing and new web interface.

Great job Software 602!

Unfortunately, one user who ONLY uses web mail wants the LS2004 interface of Web Mail back. And that user is the vice president of my client.

The setup we use is that all emails go to our webhost to 1 email account bucket@ourcompany.com. We then use LS to download and send all emails and distribute based on user's email address.

I have no problem running LS2004 for him, but how do I do it?

For external emails, there would be no problem. I can create another user on our webhost user@ourcompany.com I would then use LS2004 to get the emails for the user. The problem I see, is that if an internal user, using groupware sends him an email, they will most likely get a response 'User does not exist' because he doesn't exist in groupware, only ls2004.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I know there has to be a way, I am just stuck right now.
  Posted by Michael Hanscom  on Wednesday, November 07, 2007 at 4:17:00 PM (EST)
You would need to create an account for him in Groupware and then use Pop3 in Lansuite 2004 to download his e-mails from Groupware into his Lansuite 2004 account. Lansuite 2004 SMTP would then be set up to send his outgoing e-mail messages to the Groupware SMTP server. The Groupware SMTP server would then send his e-mail messages through the external internet.

The main drawback to this approach is that it creates a delay for the Vice President in sending and receiving his e-mail messages.
  Posted by Barry Kucher  on Wednesday, November 07, 2007 at 5:47:25 PM (EST)
Michael,

Thank you. I knew there had to be a way. I was brain locked. Thanks again for the answer.
  Posted by Barry Kucher  on Wednesday, November 07, 2007 at 5:56:11 PM (EST)
Using your strategy in reverse, couldn't I use the same setup to keep both systems up and running.

Then we would not need to migrate. We had an issue with migration, and we have a support ticket out. Once they fix our issue, I am going to have to keep the servers down for 50 hours while we migrate again.

Using this setup, we could migrate users slowly.

There should be no conflict between running both versions as long as we only use 1 system collecting emails from the ISP. In fact, any of my users that use Outlook or Incredimail and won't be using the groupware functions anyway, will be kept on LS2004 this way our upgrade price will be cheaper If I can get it under 100 users.

Great idea.
BackBack to Groupware Server 6.0 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
. . .
  © 2009 Software602, Inc. All rights reserved.