Software602 Home . products . download . support . register . how to buy . . view cart . . . contact us . . . .
Software602 Home . . . . . .
. .
Software602 Login
E-mail:
Password:
forgot?
Support Home .
User Forum .
Knowledge Base .
Submit Ticket .
View My Tickets .
. .
Groupware Server 6.0 User Forumforum home | rss | search | terms of use
BackBack to Groupware Server 6.0 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
Integration with Turkish version of Outlook.
  Posted by  Sercan Soydan  on Thursday, November 01, 2007 at 3:47:07 AM (EST)
Hello. We just installed a trial version of Lansuite 5 groupware. It is quite good and easy to use, but we have one small issue that we have to come over before we purchase.

We are using Outlook Connector for our MS Outlook XP integration. When we create a new account, it is not possible to use the calendar and task functionality properly. Original folder names of Calendar and Tasks in Turkish is, Takvim and Görevler. So we are having 2 folders for each functionality. (e.g. for calendar, we have 'Calendar' which outlook connector is creating, than we have 'Takvim', created by outlook's itself.) It is essential to use 'Takvim' and 'Görevler' folders, otherwise we are not able to use the reminder functionality of Outlook.

Is there any possibility to modify the folder names which groupware creates, so they would match with the outlook's folder names?
  Posted by Software602 Support  on Thursday, November 01, 2007 at 2:17:49 PM (EST)
The Outlook Connector currently only supports the English and Czech languages. We are working on localization support for other Outlook languages now. The next build of 602LAN SUITE Groupware will include support for additional languages and will be released later this month.
  Posted by Sercan Soydan  on Tuesday, November 06, 2007 at 3:17:05 AM (EST)
Thanks for quite quick reply. Is there any way that I can get notified when multilanguage support arrives for this product? Should I check back later?
  Posted by Software602 Support  on Wednesday, November 14, 2007 at 12:44:03 PM (EST)
602LAN SUITE 5.0.07.1109 Groupware was released on November 14, 2007. This build added support for Spanish (es), German (de), French (fr), Italian (it), Turkish (tr), and Portuguese (br) to the Outlook Connector.
Download the latest version here:
http://www.software602.com/download/

Posted by Sercan Soydan  on Thursday, November 15, 2007 at 7:38:08 AM (EST)
Thanks for the information about new build, I also have received an e-mail informaing about it.

I have immediately downloaded the new build and installed the outlook connector, but I couldn't figured out how to use the Turkish Language support. I have checked the build number to see if I did something wrong in the installation, but my build seems up-to the date. I couldn't find where to specify the language preference. Therefore, folders that has been created are still in English and not complying with my original Outlook configuration. Any ideas?
  Posted by Peter Crown  on Thursday, November 15, 2007 at 8:01:36 PM (EST)
My suggestion would be to open support ticket. Anyway, try this test. Put a new user into Outlook connector group and then install new Outlook Connector from Plugins on the clean system. This way you will see if problem is with new version or with an connector upgrade procedure. One more thing, be use that you are using Turkish Outlook 2002+. ;-)

BackBack to Groupware Server 6.0 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
. . .
  © 2009 Software602, Inc. All rights reserved.