Software602 Home . products . download . support . register . how to buy . . view cart . . . contact us . . . .
Software602 Home . . . . . .
. .
Software602 Login
E-mail:
Password:
forgot?
Support Home .
User Forum .
Knowledge Base .
Submit Ticket .
View My Tickets .
. .
602LAN SUITE 2004 User Forumforum home | rss | search | terms of use
BackBack to 602LAN SUITE 2004 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
Global email account
  Posted by  Sam Streger  on Wednesday, October 31, 2007 at 9:02:04 PM (EST)
What is the best way to set up a global email account. 602 receives through smtp, want all emails with xxxx.com domain to go to user xxxx box.

Thanks very.
  Posted by Wenghooi Wong  on Wednesday, October 31, 2007 at 9:08:16 PM (EST)
I think you are looking for the archive feature. Designate an account within lansuite for archiving and set that account to forward all emails to the external email account.
  Posted by Sam Streger  on Wednesday, October 31, 2007 at 9:17:58 PM (EST)
No this isn't what I need. Perhaps I didn't explain fully.
602 is presently serving several domains wonderfully. I want to use this install as a backup email server for a domain on another server. The mx records for domain xxxx.com would be set so this server is second to contact. If the primary goes down, emails are routed to this server as backup. Email then can be retrieved later.
  Posted by Wenghooi Wong  on Thursday, November 01, 2007 at 3:36:40 AM (EST)
Hi Sam,
What you need to do is setup a secondary pointer in your MX records. Perhaps you can read it up at

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MX_record

Read the section "MX Priority". Good luck.
  Posted by Sam Streger  on Thursday, November 01, 2007 at 8:27:33 AM (EST)
Thank you, yes I know all about the secondary pointer.

Again "only" within 602, the email must be delivered to an email box. If I were polling a POP3 account all this email could be directed to ONE user. BUT, when receiving via SMTP, the email would be sorted to the matching user. "Will 602 reliability work with a wildcard in the name e.g. *@xxxx.com and all the SMTP mail to that domain be delivered to this user." Or, how else can this be done????
BackBack to 602LAN SUITE 2004 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
. . .
  © 2009 Software602, Inc. All rights reserved.