Software602 Home . products . download . support . register . how to buy . . view cart . . . contact us . . . .
Software602 Home . . . . . .
. .
Software602 Login
E-mail:
Password:
forgot?
Support Home .
User Forum .
Knowledge Base .
Submit Ticket .
View My Tickets .
. .
602PC SUITE 4.2 User Forumforum home | rss | search | terms of use
BackBack to 602PC SUITE 4.2 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
602PC SUITE for Vista
  Posted by  Peter Knight  on Wednesday, September 26, 2007 at 5:58:34 PM (EST)
Is the current version of 602PC SUITE compatible with Vista, if not, when will a compatible version be available?
  Posted by Robert Smith  on Friday, October 05, 2007 at 11:25:32 AM (EST)
Pc Suite isn't compatible with Vista and according to support, there are no plans to release a version for Vista.
  Posted by Peter Knight  on Saturday, October 06, 2007 at 5:09:33 AM (EST)
It looks as though IŽll have to abandone 602 Suite after about 10 years of using it then!

Pete
  Posted by Dale Longpre  on Monday, April 07, 2008 at 8:58:16 PM (EST)
Any updates about this issue?
Have they abandoned their users?
What exactly is going on?

THANKS for any recent news...
  Posted by Dale Longpre  on Tuesday, April 08, 2008 at 8:13:07 PM (EST)
I just got an email from 602 stating that they have completely abandoned 602PC SUITE 4.2 development and so there will be no release for Vista compatibility. Still, they could have "patched" it for Vista and stopped developments afterwards... they just leave you there like that.

I think that the best solution for all is to go back to Microsoft. Even OpenOffice might leave you there the same way, eventually...
  Posted by Peter Crown  on Monday, May 04, 2009 at 5:30:17 PM (EST)
There is a better one now. Try Kingsoft Office 2009 from http://www.binarynow.com
  Posted by Dale Longpre  on Wednesday, May 06, 2009 at 4:42:20 PM (EST)
Instead of closing the door for the 602Suite, why don't they offer it as a freeware attracting potential buyers to their main products? It could significantly increase traffic and exposure to their products. Freeware applications are nice promotional tools...
  Posted by Peter Crown  on Wednesday, May 06, 2009 at 6:41:39 PM (EST)
My guess is because 602PC SUITE does not work on VISTA (I blame Microsoft not Software602 for this one) and Kingsoft Office does. But who knows. If you have old operating system and do not need the latest document compatibility (docx) then 602PC SUITE should be still fine.
  Posted by Dale Longpre  on Thursday, May 14, 2009 at 9:02:27 PM (EST)
Yeah well, I still prefer the 602 PC Suite. And the album is such a fantastic software. This is such a nice sweet! I genuinely prefer this over openoffice or MS.

Posted by Peter Crown  on Friday, June 05, 2009 at 11:44:00 PM (EST)
Yes, Kingsoft Office does not have an album, but is has a presentation module which can create/open ppt files. This was always missing in 602PC SUITE.
And if you are looking for simple photo organization, then you can try free Google Picasa http://picasa.google.com/
  Posted by Dale Longpre  on Saturday, June 06, 2009 at 12:51:58 AM (EST)
Yeah, but the 602 Album has another big feature - a document manager - something openoffice doesn't have either. And this feature is very important to me - much more than the presentation module. We don't all need to work with ppt files. I don't believe that's used by many - how many jobs within companies work with ppt files. My company has 60,000 employees and those that use ppt files you can count them on one hand - or two...

Anyways, I'm so happy that I have downgraded from vista to XP 602 is working just fine and I'm so well organized with the document manager. NEVER do I use openoffice or microsoft office. 602 is my choice...
BackBack to 602PC SUITE 4.2 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
. . .
  © 2009 Software602, Inc. All rights reserved.