Software602 Home . products . download . support . register . how to buy . . view cart . . . contact us . . . .
Software602 Home . . . . . .
. .
Software602 Login
E-mail:
Password:
forgot?
Support Home .
User Forum .
Knowledge Base .
Submit Ticket .
View My Tickets .
. .
602Pro LAN SUITE 2000 User Forumforum home | rss | search | terms of use
BackBack to 602Pro LAN SUITE 2000 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
Basic. I know
  Posted by  Allan Macdonald  on Monday, May 13, 2002 at 1:57:54 PM (EST)
Hi,
Wonder if you could help just skip me through some basics - yes that should work. - no that doesn't.

Have a shared printer on the network (not on the lan host machine) I can print to it from the host but fax will not see the printer in the Print Faxes on receipt! Does the printer have to be on the host?

Before all other machines (All 2 others) boot, should the host machine be running and have Lan Suite running to allocated IP, or can it catch up and allocate?

I'm I right in saying the Host Lan Suite machines IP address should be allocated automatically or should it be predefined (192.168.0.10) also how is the DHCP server address decided?
I can't figure if the DHCP isn't launched when the host boots, how can it be allocated an IP (seems sensible to set it manually)?

The Lan Suite machine (I'm pushing the recycle theory here is PII 233MHz, 98,304 K ram. Running W2K, 1 x Network Card, 1 x Fax modem, other bits) but it's just the kind of machine that Lan Suite should run on, old with little else to be asked of it?
I've also got an ISDN Router (yeah, many questions, but I'll learn fast). The ISDN Router (192.168.0.254) is connected to the hub my connection is "always on" but with a 2 hour disconnect. The hub is configured correctly as it has worked before Lan Suite. If I tell Lan Suite that the connection is permanent, I need to pass requests from clients to Lan Suite which in turn asks the Router to dial, if it's not already connected, any guidance would be great. I guess we've got 2 firewalls Lan Suite and the Router.

I realise this is long and almost like I know nothing. It's nearly true I just need a kick start, will be printing the user manual later and studying.

Thanks in advance.

Best regards
Allan
I hope these aren't too basic and piss anyone off, steep hill to climb. But I've got me boots on!
just need a helping hand?
  Posted by Allan Macdonald  on Monday, May 13, 2002 at 7:31:37 PM (EST)
Please ignore and excuse this is in the wrong forum.
Sorry

Allan
BackBack to 602Pro LAN SUITE 2000 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
. . .
  © 2009 Software602, Inc. All rights reserved.