Software602 Home . products . download . support . register . how to buy . . view cart . . . contact us . . . .
Software602 Home . . . . . .
. .
Software602 Login
E-mail:
Password:
forgot?
Support Home .
User Forum .
Knowledge Base .
Submit Ticket .
View My Tickets .
. .
602LAN SUITE 2004 User Forumforum home | rss | search | terms of use
BackBack to 602LAN SUITE 2004 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
Your IP address has changed from your last access
  Posted by  Angus Adigun  on Wednesday, August 29, 2007 at 1:27:07 PM (EST)
I've seen the posts about ISP's giving you dynamic IP addresses, but i have a fixed IP address and can access the admin screens but not the webmail. however - i can access webmail from my local network - are there any ports other than 80 that i need to have open?
  Posted by Angus Adigun  on Wednesday, August 29, 2007 at 1:35:17 PM (EST)
of course i also have 25 & 110 :-)
  Posted by Michael Hanscom  on Thursday, August 30, 2007 at 3:28:40 PM (EST)
Are you using 2 NIC cards in your LanSuite Server? That is one for your local network and one to connect to your ISP.

If you are, then your WWW Server in LanSuite must be set so that it runs on both of these IP addresses. Therefore, the WWW IP Address must be set to "All".

This way, the WWW Server will be able to process requests coming from your local network and from the external Internet.

It is the WWW Server that provides your connection to the LanSuite Admin Panel.
  Posted by Michael Hanscom  on Thursday, August 30, 2007 at 3:33:10 PM (EST)
Whoops, I didn't fully answer your question. The WWW Server also provides access to the Webmail from the external Internet.

You may also need to check your settings under the WWW Server IP filter.
  Posted by Michael Hanscom  on Thursday, August 30, 2007 at 3:33:11 PM (EST)
Whoops, I didn't fully answer your question. The WWW Server also provides access to the Webmail from the external Internet.

You may also need to check your settings under the WWW Server IP filter.
  Posted by Angus Adigun  on Friday, August 31, 2007 at 6:11:57 AM (EST)
Thanks for that Michael but I already had that set. I do have 2 IP addresses because the server is NATed through my firewall - which is the thing thats changed but i'm sure i have all the same settings - very frustrating.
  Posted by Barry Kucher  on Sunday, September 02, 2007 at 1:36:33 PM (EST)
We had this issue years ago when we first started using a dual WAN port router (Nexland, now Symantec). The router was bonding the two ports together so you did not know which WAN IP the router was going to use.

To solve the issue, I set the % of use on the wan ports to 90%, 10% on the router this way 90% of the traffic went to one port and that has worked for us for years.
  Posted by Robert Smith  on Monday, September 10, 2007 at 9:45:44 AM (EST)
Are you using the internal ip address of the server when you're on the LAN or coming from the Internet (eg: using your public IP address on the LAN or from the Internet)?

I've seen this happen with large online services like AOL that use proxy servers. When you have a direct connection to the Internet, your IP address doesn't change. The problem is that the proxy on these large ISPs will use load balancing technology across a farm of servers and they could have any one of a dozen or more IP addresses. There's no workaround for this other than to use an ISP that doesn't proxy their connection.
BackBack to 602LAN SUITE 2004 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
. . .
  © 2009 Software602, Inc. All rights reserved.