Software602 Home . products . download . support . register . how to buy . . view cart . . . contact us . . . .
Software602 Home . . . . . .
. .
Software602 Login
E-mail:
Password:
forgot?
Support Home .
User Forum .
Knowledge Base .
Submit Ticket .
View My Tickets .
. .
602LAN SUITE 2004 User Forumforum home | rss | search | terms of use
BackBack to 602LAN SUITE 2004 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
False message Lansuite is limited to 10 users
  Posted by  J.h. Roza  on Tuesday, June 19, 2007 at 3:11:48 PM (EST)
Hi
I just upgraded from the free 5-user version to the 10-user Anti-virus version of Lansuite 2004 and have some problems with this new version.
My network consists of one server and two workstations and I currently have only 5 users defined in Lansuite.
At irregular intervals the workstations cannot browse the internet in the browser a page is shown stating that Lansuite reach its limit of 10 users.
I don't get it since there are only 5 users defined in Lansuite and the same setup worked fine for years with the free Lansuite version.

Here's a piece of the log:
15:52:39 PROXY: 2160 192.168.0.1 Connection has arrived.
15:52:40 PROXY: 2160 602LAN SUITE is limited to 10

Can anyone help me getting rid of this annoying bug?
  Posted by Russell Waddington  on Thursday, June 21, 2007 at 6:25:07 PM (EST)
The following is from the Technical white paper:

NOTE: 602LAN SUITE supports the amount of users licensed. If you have a 10 user
license you will only be able to create 10 mailboxes and only 10 IP addresses will be
able to connect through NAT or proxy.

Are you using DHCP on your two workstations? If so, has something happened that might be causing them to renew their IP addresses very frequently?

If you are using DHCP, it might be better to give both workstations fixed IP addresses which could stop the problem.
  Posted by J.h. Roza  on Friday, June 22, 2007 at 1:20:33 AM (EST)
I'm not using DHCP, the server and two workstations have a fixed IP-address. The strange thing is that I've already been using the same configuration and setup for three years now with the free 5-user version of Lansuite without any problems. This problem started when I upgraded to the paid 10-user version. So the 5-user version never complained and the 10-user version thinks I'm using too many users????? Go figure :-))
  Posted by Robert Smith  on Wednesday, June 27, 2007 at 9:33:22 AM (EST)
You might want to try reinstalling. I'd delete the lan suite folders, too. You shouldn't have to re-register but maybe the problem is that there's something damaged in lan suite. If you're only running 10 users, setting everything back up shouldn't take too long.
  Posted by A Ataol  on Saturday, June 30, 2007 at 6:37:41 PM (EST)
I am having the same problem. It seems to be a DNS lookup issue. Try using ISP's DNS as part of the DHCP setup or use ISP's DNS as the DNSs in the static configuration. My current conf is like that and it seems to be more steady now.
  Posted by J.h. Roza  on Monday, July 02, 2007 at 6:24:03 PM (EST)
I already have DNS setup to use my ISP's servers so that's not the solution in my case.
The funny thing is that the problem only pops up every now and then without any clear cause. It's been performing okay now for almost a full week but as I haven't found the real cause I remain fearful for the next occurrence of this limit message.
  Posted by Peter Crown  on Friday, August 17, 2007 at 2:59:00 PM (EST)
Look into your log file. You should see a request from 10 different IPs before the warning pop up. If your network topology allows it, you can also receive request from ISP side, which maybe easily reach the limit. LAN SUITE proxy simply count the number of IPs which request connection and pop up warning when limit is reached.

BackBack to 602LAN SUITE 2004 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
. . .
  © 2009 Software602, Inc. All rights reserved.