Software602 Home . products . download . support . register . how to buy . . view cart . . . contact us . . . .
Software602 Home . . . . . .
. .
Software602 Login
E-mail:
Password:
forgot?
Support Home .
User Forum .
Knowledge Base .
Submit Ticket .
View My Tickets .
. .
602LAN SUITE 2004 User Forumforum home | rss | search | terms of use
BackBack to 602LAN SUITE 2004 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
WebMail external access - not refreshing browser
  Posted by  John Anderson  on Sunday, June 17, 2007 at 8:28:27 PM (EST)
Hello,

I can access my lansuite mail via the WebMail window on my LAN however I have problems viewing the mail across the internet.

the Lansuite (2004) Log shows no errors and reports the same as if I had accessed this feature internally.

at work I have tried both IE 6 and FireFox 2.0. both provide the same results:- which is that most times the screen partially redraws by splitting in 3. sometimes I get the icons at the top but never anything else. if i click on the icons everything works (ie: new mail message, help, addresses) except my INBOX.

In a previous email someone did mention about some sort of rotating proxy that might be affecting this. I have noticed that when I try again to re-login I can see a different ip address in the Lansuite Log.

My wife can access our Webmail from her place of work fine.

does this mean I'm screwed? if not, is there a solution aside from requesting my organisation change this?

also, I can use Logmein to access my home server without issue.

so many questions!

Cheers,

John.
  Posted by Robert Smith  on Wednesday, June 27, 2007 at 9:34:08 AM (EST)
Try turning off the caching. It's done under the advanced proxy options on the proxy tab.
  Posted by John Anderson  on Thursday, June 28, 2007 at 8:49:05 PM (EST)
Hi Robert,

thanks for the suggestion, I tried it but it didn't make a difference. I don't know that it would given the proxy is used by local LAN users and I am accessing the website remotely.

but thanks all the same. I'll try anything.

Cheers,

John.
  Posted by Peter Crown  on Friday, August 17, 2007 at 3:05:46 PM (EST)
If your 602LAN SUITE web mail access works fine with one connection and does not with another one problem will be probably with a connection not with your software. Suggestion is to try to use https, instead of http as this can be routed differently. Alternatively you can access your email through pop3.
BackBack to 602LAN SUITE 2004 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
. . .
  © 2009 Software602, Inc. All rights reserved.