Software602 Home . products . download . support . register . how to buy . . view cart . . . contact us . . . .
Software602 Home . . . . . .
. .
Software602 Login
E-mail:
Password:
forgot?
Support Home .
User Forum .
Knowledge Base .
Submit Ticket .
View My Tickets .
. .
602LAN SUITE 2004 User Forumforum home | rss | search | terms of use
BackBack to 602LAN SUITE 2004 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
Can I use SMTP server other then ISP SMTP server
  Posted by  Nishith Desai  on Monday, June 11, 2007 at 6:45:54 PM (EST)
Dear Friend,

I am facing the problem in sending the mail by using lansuite,

The problem is that gmail and hotmail rejects all the mail sent through 602lansuite. Secondly it takes lot of time while sending messages to some of the email address like today it happened while sending the message to yahoo user.

I received email on my personnel yahoo account after 3 hours, while I sent the same mail using other SMTP server the mail was received immediately with out any delay.

I am not using ISP SMTP server option for sending the messages. So, how should i work out this problem.

Secondly can i use other SMTP server instead of ISP SMTP server,as i could not find 602software providing the option for sending the messages other then ISP SMTP server.

I need this because, i want to use yahoo.com SMTP server for sending mails because yahoo.com SMTP server does not have attachment restriction upto 1GB or i can even use SMTP server provided by my web hosting company where i have notice that the mail is immediately delivered to the recipient.

How to work out this problem !!!!
  Posted by Russell Waddington  on Tuesday, June 12, 2007 at 8:07:09 PM (EST)
You can use any mail server you have authourization to. All though it is labled ISP Server, it makes no difference where the mail server is located. You just need the URL address of the smtp server you want to use.

If you are using the machine that Lansuite is installed on to send email, and if you do not have a business IP address, chances are it will be rejected by a lot of email servers. Since most SPAM email is thought to originate from home users, these IP addresses might be refused by business smtp servers.
BackBack to 602LAN SUITE 2004 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
. . .
  © 2009 Software602, Inc. All rights reserved.