Software602 Home . products . download . support . register . how to buy . . view cart . . . contact us . . . .
Software602 Home . . . . . .
. .
Software602 Login
E-mail:
Password:
forgot?
Support Home .
User Forum .
Knowledge Base .
Submit Ticket .
View My Tickets .
. .
602LAN SUITE 2004 User Forumforum home | rss | search | terms of use
BackBack to 602LAN SUITE 2004 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
AT&T Yahoo Changes - How to configure
  Posted by  John Hendry  on Wednesday, June 06, 2007 at 10:19:06 AM (EST)
I use LanSuite strictly for sending out an email newsletter to a small group using a blaster mailer. Recently, my ISP (SBCGlobal) was changed to AT&T, and they just sent out a new security policy, which is as follows:

We recently contacted you about some important security improvements we're making to your AT&T Yahoo! service. These changes will affect members who send or receive email from a desktop or mobile client program, such as Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Outlook Express, Eudora, Apple Mail, or Thunderbird.

To help us ensure the security of your email, you will need to change the settings on your desktop or mobile email client program. Please choose one of the three options:

(skip)

Alternatively, you may take the following steps to change the settings on your desktop or mobile email client program:
Open your email client program.
Locate the email account settings for your particular client.
Change the POP server to pop.att.yahoo.com.
Change the SMTP server to smtp.att.yahoo.com.
Check the option labeled Use an encrypted connection (SSL) and change the SMTP port to 465.
Check the option labeled Use an encrypted connection (SSL) and change the POP3 port to 995.
Confirm the above settings then click OK.

My question is... exactly where do I set the SMTP port to 465. I tried that on the SMTP tab page of the advanced configuration, and my mailer would not talk to LanSuite.

Thanks

John
  Posted by Russell Waddington  on Friday, June 08, 2007 at 9:08:13 PM (EST)
In the 'SMTP servers" section, where you enter "ISP's SMTP server: ", end the URL name with ":465"

Example: "smtp.isp.com:465"

Then afterwards go to the 'advanced paramters' section and select SSL checkbox.
BackBack to 602LAN SUITE 2004 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
. . .
  © 2009 Software602, Inc. All rights reserved.