Software602 Home . products . download . support . register . how to buy . . view cart . . . contact us . . . .
Software602 Home . . . . . .
. .
Software602 Login
E-mail:
Password:
forgot?
Support Home .
User Forum .
Knowledge Base .
Submit Ticket .
View My Tickets .
. .
602LAN SUITE 2004 User Forumforum home | rss | search | terms of use
BackBack to 602LAN SUITE 2004 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
Setting SMTP to send messages
  Posted by  Nishith Desai  on Thursday, April 26, 2007 at 6:04:50 PM (EST)
Dear Friends,

I have a broad band connection and i dont have static IP address.

I am confused. I want to know can I send a email directly to the receipent without using ISP or third party SMTP server. I need this because my ISP does not support the sending of any mail through its server if the reply email id is different then the email id provided.

As I can understand by reading the manual, that i can send.. then my confusion comes should i have to give the DNS in Advance Setup .. ... (i have static IP address), that means can i send mail with my dynamic IP address.

Secondly what can be the size of attachment i can send through through.. Lan Suite SMTP server.

My another problem is how can i send a internal emails to the LS users connected to my local Lan.

nishith desai
nsdesai@ncon.in
  Posted by Michael Hanscom  on Friday, April 27, 2007 at 2:55:21 PM (EST)
1. You need to put the DNS information for your ISP in the TCP/IP settings for the ethernet card that you are using to connect to your broad band connection. The SMTP Server uses your ISP's domain name server to find the MX information (I.P. addresses) for the mail servers that you are sending e-mail to.

Warning: Some mail servers will not accept e-mail from a dynamic IP address. They will only accept e-mail from a static IP address that has a registered domain name. They do this in order to minimize the amount of SPAM that they receive.

2. Make sure that you uncheck the box for "Send outgoing mail via ISP's SMTP server" under the SMTP Server Tab in LanSuite.

3. You then need to choose who can use the SMTP Relay in order to send e-mail addresses to the outside world. Refer to the LanSuite Users manual for instructions on setting this up.

4. LanSuite itself has no limit on the size of the attachment that it can send. However, the mail server that you are sending to may have limits on the attachment size that it will allow users to receive.

Good Luck
  Posted by Nishith Desai  on Saturday, April 28, 2007 at 7:14:20 PM (EST)
Dear Friend,

Thank you for your kind help.. but my problem is that I dont have a permanent IP address provided by my ISP, I have a static IP that means that my Internet IP address goes on changing when i connect to internet.

Anyway I tried, without making use of DNS entry, it works,, but some mail server says that they cannot accept the message by relay.

Secondly I dont understand by 'Preset Route' feature in 'Advance Feature' of 'SMTP Authentication & Setting'

I hope 602software comes out with more explaination in their manual,, I am disappointed to see that LS Manual is very weak in making the user understand the problem. It should be more elobrate and should have information for what is MX Records what is relay etc.. I have to search internet to understand MX Records.....

Hope message is taken note by the moderator of the forum...

nishith desai
nsdesai@ncon.in
BackBack to 602LAN SUITE 2004 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
. . .
  © 2009 Software602, Inc. All rights reserved.