Software602 Home . products . download . support . register . how to buy . . view cart . . . contact us . . . .
Software602 Home . . . . . .
. .
Software602 Login
E-mail:
Password:
forgot?
Support Home .
User Forum .
Knowledge Base .
Submit Ticket .
View My Tickets .
. .
602LAN SUITE 2004 User Forumforum home | rss | search | terms of use
BackBack to 602LAN SUITE 2004 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
Multiple user POP3 emails - Not sorted by user
  Posted by  Paul Newey  on Thursday, April 12, 2007 at 12:27:15 PM (EST)
My mail server is set up to receive emails via smtp from servers which works well 99% of the time - emails come in for 6 different users and are delivered correctly to user mailboxes
As a failover, if my mailserver is off line for any reason, the domain MX records have a secondary record which directs all emails to one POP3 mailbox with my ISP
The problem is that when the emails for 6 users are collected via POP3 collection in 602Lan Suite, the emails are all sent to the main admin account rather than being separated out into the individual mailboxes
This would seem incorrect to me as they should be sorted correctly?
This has happened with all versions of - my current one is newly installed and has had 2 upgrades while being in situ
Any help would be gratefully received
Many thanks
Paul Newey
  Posted by Russell Waddington  on Saturday, April 21, 2007 at 7:43:53 PM (EST)
In admin setup, where you have the POP3 collection defined, is it setup to deliver "according to the addresses"?

If you are using web-admin console, this will show up under the 'For user' column. That is 'For user" = "according to the addresses"; and not an actual user id.
  Posted by Paul Newey  on Sunday, April 22, 2007 at 1:51:34 AM (EST)
Russell
Thanks for the reply
Yes, it is set to the default "according to addresses"
One thing I never knew was there was in the drop down box - 'according to the addresses - alternative method'
Anyone know what this does differently?
Cheers
BackBack to 602LAN SUITE 2004 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
. . .
  © 2009 Software602, Inc. All rights reserved.