Software602 Home . products . download . support . register . how to buy . . view cart . . . contact us . . . .
Software602 Home . . . . . .
. .
Software602 Login
E-mail:
Password:
forgot?
Support Home .
User Forum .
Knowledge Base .
Submit Ticket .
View My Tickets .
. .
602LAN SUITE 2004 User Forumforum home | rss | search | terms of use
BackBack to 602LAN SUITE 2004 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
Freeware Going Away?
  Posted by  Dan Moore  on Tuesday, March 13, 2007 at 9:44:52 AM (EST)
Greetings,

I have been able to run my own network at home effortlessly for years using your software, on Win98. Needless to say Iím disappointed that the freeware version is going away; however, I understand the business reasons for doing so.

I can't help but to wonder if itís a mistake to phase out the freeware product. I would have never been exposed to LanSuite otherwise; and thus I would have never recommended it to anyone. I would guess the plan was to maintain a freeware version long enough to create sufficient exposure and generate market awareness? I would say that plan worked well, and other companies do it. But Iím shaking my head wondering what the replacement at home for me will be. If I canít find something just as easy and free to run, I suspect Iím in for a good dose of Linux exposure, which is okay, but I donít think that is where 602 is wanting to steer us.

Dan
  Posted by Russell Waddington  on Tuesday, March 13, 2007 at 1:40:53 PM (EST)
I am also using it on a home network. The 5 user version was great for this. Since I have get my mail via POP3 access and my ISP does heavy anti-virus checking and spam checking, I do not need the extra cost of a built in virus checking since it has already been done.

I have looked for comparable products before, but have not been able to find simular all in one funcitonality. Even If you charged for a 5 user version, for home network use it is great.
BackBack to 602LAN SUITE 2004 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
. . .
  © 2009 Software602, Inc. All rights reserved.