Software602 Home . products . download . support . register . how to buy . . view cart . . . contact us . . . .
Software602 Home . . . . . .
. .
Software602 Login
E-mail:
Password:
forgot?
Support Home .
User Forum .
Knowledge Base .
Submit Ticket .
View My Tickets .
. .
602LAN SUITE 2004 User Forumforum home | rss | search | terms of use
BackBack to 602LAN SUITE 2004 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
web server launches midi file on server
  Posted by  Comcast Comcast  on Sunday, March 04, 2007 at 11:29:28 PM (EST)
My index.html file contains a midi file that plays when someone browses my page. This worked with 2 previous webservers. But, with LanSuite, when a user hits my page, the midi launches on the server instead of going to the user client pc. As it turns out, my server doesn't have a sound card, so it just pops up a fail message on the server from windows media player. Server is Windows 2000.

Any ideas on why the server would launch the midi instead of serving it to the client?

thanks.
  Posted by Robert Smith  on Monday, March 05, 2007 at 9:53:39 AM (EST)
You probably need to change or add the mime type to the socksdll.ini file.
  Posted by Comcast Comcast  on Monday, March 05, 2007 at 2:35:23 PM (EST)
I found this thread from 2005...
http://support.software602.com/forum/topic/16425/112/46/listening-downloading-file-from-web-server/
That talks about adding mime types for this type of problem. The thread comments not to add exe as a type or webmail can't launch. Now, this brings up a security concern....if a user uploads an EXE file to their webpage space, then they could get their own exe files to run on the server without authorization, simply by browsing to the uploaded file.
I am hoping this kind of security concern has been addressed since 2005.
BackBack to 602LAN SUITE 2004 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
. . .
  © 2009 Software602, Inc. All rights reserved.