Software602 Home . products . download . support . register . how to buy . . view cart . . . contact us . . . .
Software602 Home . . . . . .
. .
Software602 Login
E-mail:
Password:
forgot?
Support Home .
User Forum .
Knowledge Base .
Submit Ticket .
View My Tickets .
. .
602LAN SUITE 2004 User Forumforum home | rss | search | terms of use
BackBack to 602LAN SUITE 2004 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
Web Server Issues/Questions
  Posted by  Donald Smith  on Wednesday, February 28, 2007 at 12:39:06 PM (EST)
I'm running 602 LAN Suite 2004 - 5 free user version on a Windows XP machine with one NIC card (wired connection, firewalled by Windows XP and by a router, no software firewall by LAN Suite turned on. This NIC card does access the Internet) to give internal e-mail capability ONLY for my family (for fun).

I'm also using private IP address for the SMTP, POP3 and WWW server (192.168.xxx.xxx).

Everything works but when using adminstrator access to the web server page and look at the server statistics page, the page hits counter increments, not when I look at the pages (this I understand).

Does the web server port travel over the Internet? Am I being hacked? How can I lock the web server down so it stays on my Intranet? I'm am thinking about using a second NIC and configuring this for 602 LAN Suite and turning on the LAN suite firewall.

Thank you
  Posted by Eric Praske  on Saturday, March 03, 2007 at 4:40:43 PM (EST)
If the port that lan suite is set to listen to is not open on your router, then you are safe. Nobody should be able to access the webserver if the port is closed. To verify that the port (most likely 80) is closed, go to grc or some other website where they offer a firewall test.
BackBack to 602LAN SUITE 2004 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
. . .
  © 2009 Software602, Inc. All rights reserved.