Software602 Home . products . download . support . register . how to buy . . view cart . . . contact us . . . .
Software602 Home . . . . . .
. .
Software602 Login
E-mail:
Password:
forgot?
Support Home .
User Forum .
Knowledge Base .
Submit Ticket .
View My Tickets .
. .
602LAN SUITE 2004 User Forumforum home | rss | search | terms of use
BackBack to 602LAN SUITE 2004 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
Some POP3 Mails caught by blacklist, but its off?
  Posted by  Andy Trump  on Saturday, February 17, 2007 at 2:09:56 PM (EST)
Hi there,

Any tips on this (even just how to troubleshoot it) would be much appreciated.

I've just noticed that Lansuite is deleting *some* of the mails it collects via POP3.

Basically we run a website and all the mail from the website is sent to another server which our local Lansuite server collects various POP3 accounts from.

What I've found so far...

- The mail isn't coming in via SMTP, it's definitely reaching Lansuite as a result of a regular POP3 collection.

- Certain types of mails from our site always seem to be deleted, though I cant see what is special about them.

- The mails that get deleted are always to an alias, but not *all* mail to aliases are deleted.

- I can see the mail is deleted by looking in the spam.csv in the program directory.

- Next to each mail that it's deleting in the spam.csv it says blacklist and the message type is "I".

- There are no blacklist entries under the SMTP section of Lansuite Remote Admin (and as I say with it being POP3 that is presumably irrelevant?).

- Anti-spam is turned totally off.

- We've previously *white*listed the sending domain and that is still set.

..any ideas?

Where can I look to see in more detail why these mails are being deleted?

A prompt reply would be areally big help. I'm supposed to be going on holiday on Monday. ;o)

Cheers,

Andy
  Posted by Andy Trump  on Sunday, February 18, 2007 at 4:37:37 AM (EST)
Just a couple of other bits of info, in case it helps anyone see what might be going on.

- The mail that is being deleted is always coming in via the catchall (root@ourdomain.com). A POP3 collection that is set to deliver mail "according to the address, alternate method" (I also tried "according to the address" but it didn't help).

- The mails being deleted are only *some* of the mail that comes through this POP3 catchall, most of it comes through fine.

- The mails that are being deleted are always from certain addresses on *our* domain, though as I say they come from the outside world. Our website mostly but there is one particular case that I'll explain in a bit more detail as it's probably quite revealing....

I post on a forum run by one of our suppliers and the mails that get sent out to update people when there has been a new posting on a thread are sent from this companies mail server. But the *from* address is actually the real e-mail address of the person who has posted. Whenever I post on the forum, the mails that get sent out to inform me appear to come from andy.trump@ourdomain.com (my address) and are *always* deleted. The mails sent out when somebody from the supplier posts (because they appear to come from somebody@supplierdomain.com) come through fine.

Remember that these mails go from our supplier to our main mailserver (hosted with our website), are put into the root@ourdomain.com POP3 mailbox (as that is the catchall and my address isn't defined on this main mail server) and are then collected by the POP3 catchall account (root@ourdomain.com) on Lansuite. They then should be routed to me (andy.trump@ourdomain.com) but something about the fact that they appear to also be *from* that address is confusing Lansuite.

As I say though most mail from our website (which also appears to come from our domain) is handled fine.

This used to work fine and whilst I can't be sure of exactly when it happened, the only thing I can think is responsible is one of the last Lansuite upgrades.

Any ideas?

Andy
  Posted by Andy Trump  on Tuesday, February 27, 2007 at 10:00:14 AM (EST)
No one with any ideas?

Andy
  Posted by Andy Trump  on Tuesday, March 13, 2007 at 5:24:28 AM (EST)
Anyone with any clues?

I see some work has been done with the dnsbl entries in the latest version, is this likely to help me?
BackBack to 602LAN SUITE 2004 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
. . .
  © 2009 Software602, Inc. All rights reserved.