Software602 Home . products . download . support . register . how to buy . . view cart . . . contact us . . . .
Software602 Home . . . . . .
. .
Software602 Login
E-mail:
Password:
forgot?
Support Home .
User Forum .
Knowledge Base .
Submit Ticket .
View My Tickets .
. .
602LAN SUITE 2004 User Forumforum home | rss | search | terms of use
BackBack to 602LAN SUITE 2004 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
Cant access Windows live services when NAT is runn
  Posted by  Ron Laws  on Saturday, February 10, 2007 at 6:02:45 AM (EST)
Hi, for some reason when I enable NAT (Network address translating) on LAN suit 2004 I cant gain access to Windows Live mail and Windows Live messenger can't sign in (and msn 7.5) on either the server or any of the work stations but when NAT is Disabled this problem does not occur but then you can't get Skype to sign in, Can anyone shed some light on this? :(
  Posted by Robert Smith  on Tuesday, February 13, 2007 at 4:21:07 PM (EST)
Maybe NAT isn't configured properly?

http://support.software602.com/kb/view.aspx?articleID=940
http://support.software602.com/kb/view.aspx?articleID=834
  Posted by Ron Laws  on Tuesday, February 13, 2007 at 7:19:47 PM (EST)
Hmn, Ive done everything thats;s told me now and still no luck, What is most strange is that I can't access anthing to do with MSN E-mail and Windows Live e-mail and for some reason any version of MSN Messenger 7.5 and above can't sign in when NAT is enabled and it's the same on both the work stations And the server it's self... but when i Diable NAT it's all fine.. only then i can't get Skype to log in... =/ unless theres a way of making skype sign in without NAT..
  Posted by Ron Laws  on Tuesday, February 13, 2007 at 7:28:33 PM (EST)
Re: Skype
On another note abotu skype i just managed to get it to sign in on the SOCKS proxy. it just takes a while to connect. But still if we can get to the bottom of this NAT Porblem it would be interesting to foind out whats causing it..
  Posted by Ron Laws  on Tuesday, February 13, 2007 at 7:28:47 PM (EST)
Re: Skype
On another note about skype i just managed to get it to sign in on the SOCKS proxy. it just takes a while to connect. But still if we can get to the bottom of this NAT Porblem it would be interesting to foind out whats causing it..
  Posted by Ron Laws  on Monday, April 02, 2007 at 4:59:54 AM (EST)
Still can't get it to work… It's odd because the only things I can't access while NAT is enabled are Hotmail and Live mail when I attempt to log in otherwise I can reach the authorisation screens fine, same with MSN everything checks out fine right up until you want to log in then the problems start accoutring… if it helps I have the network IP’s set out as followed

Main DSL Router is configured as followed;

Gateway address: 192.168.2.1
Subnet mask: 255.255.255.0
Server IP: 192.168.2.5
(I can’t change the gateway address on this one)
----------------------

LAN – secondary network access through proxy

Server IP 172.20.1.1
Hub IP 172.20.1.2
Subnet mask: 255.255.0.0
Gateway is set to the server address (172.20.1.1)
  Posted by Ron Laws  on Thursday, April 12, 2007 at 9:12:06 AM (EST)
Solved!
I think it was something to do with the SSL Settings not sure how but when I created a self signed certificate and enabled all the SSL Servers NAT Runs fine and I can now sign into all the Windows live services and Xbox Live is now available. :)
BackBack to 602LAN SUITE 2004 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
. . .
  © 2009 Software602, Inc. All rights reserved.