Software602 Home . products . download . support . register . how to buy . . view cart . . . contact us . . . .
Software602 Home . . . . . .
. .
Software602 Login
E-mail:
Password:
forgot?
Support Home .
User Forum .
Knowledge Base .
Submit Ticket .
View My Tickets .
. .
602LAN SUITE 2004 User Forumforum home | rss | search | terms of use
BackBack to 602LAN SUITE 2004 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
Anti-virus solution
  Posted by  Erwin Geuens  on Thursday, February 01, 2007 at 7:09:15 AM (EST)
Hi,
I have Lansuite 2004 with included anti-virus running for 50 users on a Windows 2003 server.
I would like to add an extra anti-virus on the same server for files checking. What anti-virus can you recommend?

Other question: I will set up a new smtp gateway before the Lansuite server. On this gateway I would like to check emails on spam and virusses. This as an addtional controle before the mails are treated by Lansuite. I do not want to remove the Lansuite anti-spam and anti-virus functionality, just enforce security.
I was thinking to use the Mailenable software as extra gateway. There are anti-spam plug ins and antivurs plug ins.

Can someone help me with this? What are your experiences?

The Lansuite server is accessible through internet, that's why I am concerned on the security matters.
  Posted by B P  on Thursday, February 01, 2007 at 2:07:06 PM (EST)
I use AVG anti-virus 7.5 Network Edition. It integrates with the lansuite mailserver and works like a charm.
Even adds a "this message is scanned by AVG ..." notice at the bottom.
I configured it so it does a regular scan of the files in critical folders on the mailserver.

Great product.

Regards
Bob
BackBack to 602LAN SUITE 2004 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
. . .
  © 2009 Software602, Inc. All rights reserved.