Software602 Home . products . download . support . register . how to buy . . view cart . . . contact us . . . .
Software602 Home . . . . . .
. .
Software602 Login
E-mail:
Password:
forgot?
Support Home .
User Forum .
Knowledge Base .
Submit Ticket .
View My Tickets .
. .
602LAN SUITE 2004 User Forumforum home | rss | search | terms of use
BackBack to 602LAN SUITE 2004 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
Retrieving emails via the Internet
  Posted by  Alistair Smith  on Wednesday, January 31, 2007 at 5:37:07 AM (EST)
I have 2 users - user 1 and user 2 - and a third machine running 602LANSuite. This all runs fine on my local network. The users are on IP addresses 192.168.1.11 and 12 (both DHCP allocated), and the server is on address 192.168.1.200 (fixed). The connection from the server is via a router on 192.168.1.1 to my ISP. My ISP-allocated external IP address is, say, a.b.c.d.

What I now want to do is for user 1 to be able to access his malbox over the Internet. But I can't work out how to set this up. Obviously I can't access it on address 192.168.1.200 so I guess I have to go through some sort of translation process, preumably using NAT, but I can't figure out the details.

Can anyone help?
  Posted by Robert Smith  on Friday, February 02, 2007 at 10:00:22 AM (EST)
You need to configure your router to forward port 25 and 110 (smtp & pop3 respectively) to the lan suite server. check your router documentation for information on how to do this. It's generally different for each router.
  Posted by Michael Westfield  on Wednesday, March 07, 2007 at 8:50:45 PM (EST)
totally off the normal path answer here...

instead of futzing with router ports, what about getting a free logmein.com account and setting up remote desktop access? then when you travel you can browse to the logmein.com web site, log in to your account, and have complete access to your desktop from any location in the world (with internet access)... their only apparent limitation is you cannot move fioles across the internet, just on your local network.

more than just accessing your email; it lets you control your computer as if you were sitting there.

just a thought.
BackBack to 602LAN SUITE 2004 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
. . .
  © 2009 Software602, Inc. All rights reserved.