Software602 Home . products . download . support . register . how to buy . . view cart . . . contact us . . . .
Software602 Home . . . . . .
. .
Software602 Login
E-mail:
Password:
forgot?
Support Home .
User Forum .
Knowledge Base .
Submit Ticket .
View My Tickets .
. .
602LAN SUITE 2004 User Forumforum home | rss | search | terms of use
BackBack to 602LAN SUITE 2004 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
How Do You Get Rid of Deleted EMails
  Posted by  Barry Kucher  on Friday, January 26, 2007 at 11:18:29 PM (EST)
We currently have over 150 users using Lansuite for many years now. Each new user starts out with a mailbox with a size limit of 100 megs. Once the user reaches the limit, the user cannot receive any additional emails until the size is increased or they clean out their mailbox.

Whenever I create a new user, I log in as that user and set the deleted folder to remove the emails after 2 days.

Unfortunately, Lansuite allows the user to change the settings and keep the files in their deleted folder indefinately.

Currently I have to go into each mailbox and manually delete the files in the trash folders. With 150 users and 150 directories, this is getting out of hand. Any ideas on how to automaitcally delete the files would be greatly appreciated.
  Posted by Robert Smith  on Tuesday, January 30, 2007 at 9:53:28 AM (EST)
There's not a global setting or a way to restrict users from changing this, unfortunately.
  Posted by Barry Kucher  on Tuesday, January 30, 2007 at 8:44:07 PM (EST)
Not to promote any other vendor on this website, we found a product called 'FileBoss'. This is a file management product which allows me to perform the deletion functions much more quickly.

It allows you to set a search such as C:\Lansuite\docs\*.*\trash*

It then lists all the files in the trashin and trashout folders within lansuite. You can then delete them all at once. I routinely remove about 500 megs of deleted files each month. If you have space hogs in your organization also, you should try it.

If interested, you can download a trial version at www.theutilityfactory.com

DISCLAIMER: I AM NOT ASSOCIATED WITH THIS VENDOR IN ANY WAY EXCEPT AS A SATISFIED CUSTOMER. USE OF THIS INFORMATION IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. YOU CAN DO SERIOUS HARM TO YOUR COMPUTER IF YOU DELETE REQUIRED OR SYSTEM FILES. This is crazy that I feel I have to protect myself with a disclaimer because I am giving an opinion.
BackBack to 602LAN SUITE 2004 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
. . .
  © 2009 Software602, Inc. All rights reserved.