Software602 Home . products . download . support . register . how to buy . . view cart . . . contact us . . . .
Software602 Home . . . . . .
. .
Software602 Login
E-mail:
Password:
forgot?
Support Home .
User Forum .
Knowledge Base .
Submit Ticket .
View My Tickets .
. .
602LAN SUITE 2004 User Forumforum home | rss | search | terms of use
BackBack to 602LAN SUITE 2004 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
Web Server Hosting Multiple Domains
  Posted by  Michael Murphy  on Thursday, January 18, 2007 at 10:18:19 AM (EST)
I am just wondering if there are plans to enhance the web server side of 602 LanSuite by permitting the hosting of two or more domains. I have two domains and would like to host both from one PC and one IP address. At the moment I am hosting only one domain.

Thanks,

Michael
  Posted by Robert Smith  on Monday, January 22, 2007 at 9:10:34 AM (EST)
You might want to open a ticket to the sales department and ask them about this.
  Posted by Barry Kucher  on Friday, January 26, 2007 at 11:01:31 PM (EST)
You could place multiple domains just by placing a folder inside the docs directory.

You can then have domain1 in the domain1 directory and domain2 in the domain2 directory.

Then you use your registrar of your domain name to forward to the proper folder ie. www.domain1.com is forwarded to lansuite\docs\domain1\index.html and www.domain2.com is forward to lansuite\docs\domain2\index.html

We host 5 different domains using this procedure.
  Posted by Michael Murphy  on Thursday, February 01, 2007 at 4:15:59 AM (EST)
Thank you for the reply. I am a complete novice at this and am running a web site for a sporting organisation (www.waterfordbadminton.org). My registrar is register.com and my DNS service is xname.org. I can find no setting in either site to allow me point to a specific directory. They only allow point to a specific IP address (i.e. 83.220.199.67). Again I am a complete novice and would appreciate any assistance.

Regards,

Michael.
BackBack to 602LAN SUITE 2004 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
. . .
  © 2009 Software602, Inc. All rights reserved.