Software602 Home . products . download . support . register . how to buy . . view cart . . . contact us . . . .
Software602 Home . . . . . .
. .
Software602 Login
E-mail:
Password:
forgot?
Support Home .
User Forum .
Knowledge Base .
Submit Ticket .
View My Tickets .
. .
602LAN SUITE 2004 User Forumforum home | rss | search | terms of use
BackBack to 602LAN SUITE 2004 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
Mass Mailing
  Posted by  B P  on Friday, January 12, 2007 at 6:22:49 AM (EST)
Hi
Does anyone know of a way to deploy a message to all users of the Lan Suite Mailserver (as an administrator) without having to really send them all an e-mail? Meaning, get a message in their mailboxes straight away...

Regards
Bob
  Posted by Robert Smith  on Monday, January 22, 2007 at 9:13:04 AM (EST)
You could use an alias in everyone's account (like "all" or something like that) and then send a message to all@[yourdefaultdoman] where [yourdefaultdomain] is the default domain in your lan suite configuration. I believe there's either a knowledge base topic or a tip about it.
  Posted by Barry Kucher  on Friday, January 26, 2007 at 11:10:09 PM (EST)
We also use the all alias to route emails to all of our users. We go a step further by also having aliases for each department such as HR, SALES, REMOTENY for our NY Offices, REMOTEPA for our Pennsylvania offices.

It is a great feature and we use it often. The one problem with using this feature is if a user replies to the email by using the reply to all feature of Outlook and other clients. It sends the reply to all of the recipients. I have tried to explain to my users not to use this feature, but one of my users always does it and I get phone calls requesting why they got the email.
  Posted by B P  on Wednesday, January 31, 2007 at 2:54:55 PM (EST)
Thanks for your answers. The all in front of the domain extention is not an option because of what you just mentioned indeed. We would be having a lot of abuse i'm affraid.
I suppose it's not possible in a "safe" way, then. Too bad.

Regards
BackBack to 602LAN SUITE 2004 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
. . .
  © 2009 Software602, Inc. All rights reserved.