Software602 Home . products . download . support . register . how to buy . . view cart . . . contact us . . . .
Software602 Home . . . . . .
. .
Software602 Login
E-mail:
Password:
forgot?
Support Home .
User Forum .
Knowledge Base .
Submit Ticket .
View My Tickets .
. .
Print2PDF 6.1 User Forumforum home | rss | search | terms of use
BackBack to Print2PDF 6.1 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
Print Migrator
  Posted by  Timothy Walsh  on Thursday, January 04, 2007 at 12:16:51 PM (EST)
As part of our disaster recovery plan we use the Print Migrator tool, available from Microsoft to grab a snapshot of our print servers once a week. The snapshot includes all the Printer Queues, the associated drivers, ports and monitors. Has anyone used this tool along with Print2PDF? Did it work, or did you have to re-install Print2PDF on the new server or rebuilt server?

I'm getting ready to run a disaster recovery simulation and any info on what I might expect to see would be appreciated.
  Posted by Timothy Walsh  on Tuesday, January 09, 2007 at 8:59:25 AM (EST)
Ran the disaster recovery scenerio, and Print Migrator did a good job of restoring the print queues, drivers and ports. The Print2PDF queue was restored, however the application and drivers were not restored. Print2PDF had to be re-installed to bring it back to a functional status. It would also have to be re-registered when reinstalled on the new hardware. This wasn't considered a major issue since the users would have it installed on their workstations already anyway.
BackBack to Print2PDF 6.1 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
. . .
  © 2009 Software602, Inc. All rights reserved.