Software602 Home . products . download . support . register . how to buy . . view cart . . . contact us . . . .
Software602 Home . . . . . .
. .
Software602 Login
E-mail:
Password:
forgot?
Support Home .
User Forum .
Knowledge Base .
Submit Ticket .
View My Tickets .
. .
602PC SUITE 4.2 User Forumforum home | rss | search | terms of use
BackBack to 602PC SUITE 4.2 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
Registration Stress
  Posted by  Dennis vanLeeuwen  on Thursday, December 21, 2006 at 7:46:43 PM (EST)
I bought a multiple license for 3 users in 2003. I wanted to install PCS on a 4th computer, so I bought another multiple license for 3 users back in October of this year. So, you'd think I can now install it on a 5th or 6th PC. This is not possible. I don't what is going wrong. How can I check which license keys or registration keys are being used. I find the registration of PCS so confusing. It just won't install on my home pc. It says the key has been used??? Yeah, ofcourse... but I should be able to put it on a total of 6 pc's. What am I doing wrong? Dennis
  Posted by Robert Smith  on Friday, December 22, 2006 at 11:52:24 AM (EST)
Error message? Steps you're taking?

Did you try searching the knowledge base? Are you sure you're installing the multi-user version and not just the single user/trial version?
  Posted by Dennis vanLeeuwen  on Monday, December 25, 2006 at 5:26:33 PM (EST)
I'm in the 602PC SUITE 4.2 section. I believe this is also a multi-user version. At my work I have three PC's running on one license (3 user). For the 4th PC and my own PC back home I ordered another 3-user license. I downloaded the software on my home-PC, I install it, and while doing so it tells me to go to the 602 website to register. When I try to register it says the license has been used. (I have tried both license-keys). On both I get the same message. It tells me to de-activate a license. But I don't know which one to deactivate. I'm afraid the PC's at work will no longer work.

Dennis
  Posted by Dennis van Leeuwen  on Monday, December 25, 2006 at 5:34:26 PM (EST)
I have download PCS4.EXE. While installing it asks me to go online and register the software. After entering the Registration key it says;
---
WARNING!
The Registration Key you entered has already been used. ONLY ONE COPY OF THE SOFTWARE CAN BE USED WITH EACH REGISTRATION KEY!You need to purchase multiple registration keys if you need multiple copies of the software. You can purchase another registration key here.
---
I don't get it, this key is meant for multi-user license. How can it say the key has already been used. Yes, it has been used, for one or two other PC's. I should at least get a third PC working with it.

Can someone also explain the difference between the LICENSE ID and the REGISTRATION KEY?

Dennis
  Posted by Premysl Pech  on Sunday, January 21, 2007 at 10:53:35 PM (EST)
Registration key is a key you paid for. License ID is an ID email to you once your register the software.

More information about registration process can be find here:
http://secure.software602.com/registration/help/

I assume you are trying to register multiuser version multiple times. This is the error. Multiuser version should be registered only once and then same License ID and compnay name should be used for all three installations.
  Posted by Anthony Ridley  on Friday, November 16, 2007 at 7:44:41 PM (EST)
As a long time and loyal user of 602Text I can tell you without fear of contradiction that the one thing that spoils this otherwise superb product is the stupid, pathetic, paranoid driven registration process.

If it weren't for the fact that I paid my hard earned money for it and all the upgrades since I would just go get OpenOffice which is free and has lots more features.
BackBack to 602PC SUITE 4.2 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
. . .
  © 2009 Software602, Inc. All rights reserved.