Software602 Home . products . download . support . register . how to buy . . view cart . . . contact us . . . .
Software602 Home . . . . . .
. .
Software602 Login
E-mail:
Password:
forgot?
Support Home .
User Forum .
Knowledge Base .
Submit Ticket .
View My Tickets .
. .
Print2PDF 6.1 User Forumforum home | rss | search | terms of use
BackBack to Print2PDF 6.1 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
Print2PDF error code 80040154.
  Posted by  Timothy Walsh  on Wednesday, December 20, 2006 at 6:26:55 AM (EST)
Upgraded from print2PDF SE 5.0 to 6.1. Have noticed that after re-installing the Print2PDF on the local workstation that some users are recieving the following error following the reboot:

Print2PDF error code 80040154. Class not registered

To correct the problem I've had the users uninstall the print2PDF printer on their local workstation and re-install it, and then reboot again.

The users that have experienced the problem were all running Windows XP SP2 with all the security patches thru December 2003 installed.

I suspect the problem has to do with installing the Print2PDF 6.1 over the top of the 5.0 install without first uninstalling it.
  Posted by Timothy Walsh  on Friday, December 22, 2006 at 5:35:00 AM (EST)
Saw the same error yesterday following an uninstall of the Print2PDF SE 6.1 from a local workstation. The uninstall was done using the Add/Remove program in Windows XP. Following the uninstall, the workstation was rebooted, and during the restart the error message came in. I traced it down to the Run key in the registry still had a key to launch the "PrintPack Dispatcher", aka PrnPack.exe. After manually deleting the key the error went away.

================== Warning =======================
Messing with the registry can be dangerous, do so
at your own risk and with eyes wide open and brain
engaged!
==================================================
The key I deleted was:

"HKLM/Software/Microsoft/Windows/CurrentVersion/Run/PrintPack Dispatcher"

One thing I've noticed about Print2PDF SE 5.0 or 6.1 is that the uninstall on client machines leaves a mess behind, in the form of registry keys, dlls, etc.

If anyone has written a real uninstall script or small application for Print2PDF I'd be interested in it.

Lastly, Print2PDF SE is an excellent product, uninstalls have been in order to upgrade from 5.0 to 6.1, and not because we don't like the product.
  Posted by Robert Smith  on Friday, December 22, 2006 at 11:50:21 AM (EST)
http://support.software602.com/kb/view.aspx?articleID=987
BackBack to Print2PDF 6.1 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
. . .
  © 2009 Software602, Inc. All rights reserved.