Software602 Home . products . download . support . register . how to buy . . view cart . . . contact us . . . .
Software602 Home . . . . . .
. .
Software602 Login
E-mail:
Password:
forgot?
Support Home .
User Forum .
Knowledge Base .
Submit Ticket .
View My Tickets .
. .
602LAN SUITE 2004 User Forumforum home | rss | search | terms of use
BackBack to 602LAN SUITE 2004 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
SMTP backup server
  Posted by  Chris Smith  on Tuesday, November 21, 2006 at 8:17:57 PM (EST)
Hi,

I have 602LanSuite successfully setup and running. The domain's MX record points straight at the server.

There is a second server running win2k3 which I would like to configure to run as a backup if ever the first server has a problem. I can set up the default windows smtp server on that machine with a lower priority MX record pointing at that machine and have it deliver mail for the particular domain on receipt of an ATRN command.

How can I configure the 602LanSuite server to periodically check that server to see if it has queued any email?
  Posted by Andy Sharrem  on Saturday, November 25, 2006 at 2:11:14 PM (EST)
I suggest the backup server is configured with NO Domain Name. Then you can utilise 'Preset Routes' in SMTP - Advanced dialog. Add your domain name and the Host address is the IP of your primary mail server.
This method will push the mail to your primary server according to the 'Working Intervals' defined in SMTP advanced dialog.
If you define a Domain Name on the Backup server, LS will attemtp to deliver to users on the Backup Server.
BackBack to 602LAN SUITE 2004 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
. . .
  © 2009 Software602, Inc. All rights reserved.