Software602 Home . products . download . support . register . how to buy . . view cart . . . contact us . . . .
Software602 Home . . . . . .
. .
Software602 Login
E-mail:
Password:
forgot?
Support Home .
User Forum .
Knowledge Base .
Submit Ticket .
View My Tickets .
. .
602LAN SUITE 2004 User Forumforum home | rss | search | terms of use
BackBack to 602LAN SUITE 2004 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
Catchall mail address and SSL certificates
  Posted by  Chris Smith  on Sunday, November 12, 2006 at 5:35:26 PM (EST)
Hi,

I recently setup a mail server on a Win2k3 server. Two things aren't working correctly.

- emails for the domain, but not for defined users aren't being sent to the account with "route all unsorted messages to this account checked". What settings need to be in place for this work

- I created a self-signed certificate for use with SSL. Originally I created it on an incorrect domain, so I created another on the correct domain. Both mail clients and webmail clients still see the original certificate. I located the actual file and deleted it and then created a new certificate (on the correct domain). Clients are still told the domain for the certificate is the incorrect one. How can I get the mail server to use the correct domain+certificate?

- Finally does 602lansuite have something similar to aliases. A user can have alternate email addresses defined that all route to their main address?

Thanks in advance for any assistance.
  Posted by Robert Smith  on Monday, November 13, 2006 at 10:26:37 AM (EST)
1. That happens with POP3 collection. this is so you don't lose any e-mail. You really don't want to delete any mail that LAN Suite downloads that can't be routed correctly.

2. Sounds like the old certs are still in the certificate cache. You need to delete them. I found a web site that explains how to do it in IE, which should also do it for outlook/express. http://ejbca.sourceforge.net/sensornet/IEHowTo/ManagingCertificateIE.html

You want to delete them to force a re-download. Different mail clients might have a different way to do it.

3. Yes. Check out http://support.software602.com/kb/view.aspx?articleID=574
  Posted by Chris Smith  on Monday, November 13, 2006 at 11:59:47 PM (EST)
Thanks for your reply. I don't know how I missed the alias field!

The email isn't being collected by POP3, its directed to the server through the domain's MX record. Is there a method to ensure mail for unrecognised users is delivered somewhere and not lost?

Posted by Nick Chettle  on Saturday, November 25, 2006 at 1:40:30 AM (EST)
I use a *@domain.com as a catchall which seems to work OK.
BackBack to 602LAN SUITE 2004 Forum
Add New TopicAdd New Topic
Post ReplyPost Reply
. . .
  © 2009 Software602, Inc. All rights reserved.